• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Junior World Championships

Jesus, Christian Wade is brilliant. Been the best winger of the tornement in my opinion.

How did that English player not getr red carded for that spear tackle off the ball...!

England are on fire in this second half. Playing some great rugby, and certainly have NZ rattled. It's the variety England are putting into their attacks which is causing problems. Ford and Farell are orchistrating things brilliantly between them, they both posses the running ability to cause problems in the centre of the field, but their distribution is phenomenal, releasing the men outside such as Wade, if NZ try to narrow their defence to stop the breaks up the middle.

Missed the first half, but this looks like a classic. I'm hoping England can do it so we can have a new champion at this level.

Didn't see that,
Do you know who it was?

Nah, it was well off the screen. It was just before Anscombe's last penalty. It was one of those tackles where the player literally got thrown over the English players sholder. I think it has been missed. England's backs look lethal, Baby Blacks are just hanging in.

Baby Blacks need to run it up field. Kicking it away to let them counter attack is not working.

How did that English player not getr red carded for that spear tackle off the ball...!

I didn't see it, but for such a pernickety ref, he's very reluctant to get his cards out as there's been about three yellows due for cynicism.

What is with these pathetic kiwi mustaches? If your going to do it go the whole hog and don a spectacular John Macaleese horse shoe mustache

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-

Could've sworn NZ #11 was offside from the kick though :p

So many chances gone begging for England though, especially first 25mins which were almost exclusively in the New Zealand 22

New Zealand win 22-33. Score flatters, it was really close right till the last few minutes.

Well done to New Zealand, deserved champions looking at the whole tournament
England pushed them close though, so happy with that

New Zealand #7 needs a kick in the nuts though, what a ****ing **** - Whistle had clearly gone as all the players had stopped and then he comes in and smashes Ford (which would've been off the ball anyway)

Great game to watch. Seriously thought England were gona sneak the win. They looked more dangerous in hand whereas New Zealand's tries seemed opportunistic. Also i thought New Zealand's last try shouldn't have been allowed? I thought you couldn't push or hand off people when chasing the ball?

Well done to New Zealand, deserved champions looking at the whole tournament
England pushed them close though, so happy with that

New Zealand #7 needs a kick in the nuts though, what a ****ing **** - Whistle had clearly gone as all the players had stopped and then he comes in and smashes Ford (which would've been off the ball anyway)

Yeah, weird cheap shot. Possibly didn't hear the wistle, but doubt it. England were class in this tornement. I thought they'd be a bit of a push over in honesty, but they looked brillaint. They've always had a huge forward pack, but this pack looked dynamic and talented footballers. The England backs looked well drilled and Christian Wade was far and away the quickest winger in the tornement, with good skills to match. Can't wait till he turns out for the Wasps. Farrell and Ford looked classy as well.

This New Zealand side didn't look as good as in previous years. They made a lot of mistakes and seemed like they just held on for much of the match. Barrett and Cane were very good all tornement (despite Cane's cheap shot), while Anscombe had a very reliable boot. I though Saili and Piutau were good, while New Zealand really missed Rhys Llewellyn. Overall, not a vintage side this tornement.

Commentators I had (Eurosport) were jizzing over Anscombe all match :p - Though he did play well though

Will be interesting to see England next year - a few players will still be around the U20s squad (Ford could be there another two years, which is weird considering how good he is...)

Someone's got to beat New Zealand some time soon, surely?! :lol:

kicking 7 from 7 in a big game like that. pretty impressive. The guy already looked good enough for Super Rugby last ITM cup.

Latest posts