• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Round of 16

Probably better for everyone that we are out because can you imagine the amount of salt from the French and English if a SA team won this tournament! Can't help feeling a bit bitter though. We could really have done without the amount of injuries..
Not really salty about it, just doesn't make a lot of sense for premiership clubs, in a time when they have had to reduce salary caps and teams have recently gone bust, the additional costs of travelling to SA is one I am sure they could do without. That's before considering it was once a European cup.

La Rochelle was very solid, many were certain that we would not reach the quarter-final whereas in December I warned you all that in the second part of the season, La Rochelle will be unbeatable. The defense was very solid and we must also salute the wind which was favorable to us.
The double European champion is there for a revenge against Leinster.:cool::cool:

Probably better for everyone that we are out because can you imagine the amount of salt from the French and English if a SA team won this tournament! Can't help feeling a bit bitter though. We could really have done without the amount of injuries..
French clubs get salty when they have to travel to Paris . . . life is very hard for them

Not really salty about it, just doesn't make a lot of sense for premiership clubs, in a time when they have had to reduce salary caps and teams have recently gone bust, the additional costs of travelling to SA is one I am sure they could do without. That's before considering it was once a European cup.
TBH I'm not sure I see the sense in our inclusion.

The URC I feel is a good fit atm but with our geographic isolation in rugby terms any comp we are in will be tricky.

But our inclusion in this competition.. I can fully understand the concerns even if I talked about salt. I wonder for us if it is worth it as well as I believe we are still a bit behind ITO resources to be trying to get anywhere near battling on two fronts.

TBH I'm not sure I see the sense in our inclusion.

The URC I feel is a good fit atm but with our geographic isolation in rugby terms any comp we are in will be tricky.

But our inclusion in this competition.. I can fully understand the concerns even if I talked about salt. I wonder for us if it is worth it as well as I believe we are still a bit behind ITO resources to be trying to get anywhere near battling on two fronts.
Actually kinda relieved to be out is what I am getting at.

Actually kinda relieved to be out is what I am getting at.
I genuinely have no skin in it now since Wasps went under, it changes the perspective a bit, I actually like someone other than toulouse and Leinster winning it as for me they have to much representation from their national teams it almost seems unfair, for that reason I do quite like La Rochelle, however with a certain member here being far to chipy about them it makes it harder.

Are you allowed to do that?

Dummy runner runs full pelt at the defensive line and then the 9 chases through the gap he created
He didn't make contact with anyone but it just feels wrong

Can't wait for these twinky little Irishmen to get bent in twain by our BBBs (big beautiful blokes)

Sarries need to sort the breakdown out, they are getting smashed every time.

French clubs love having a tighthead so large his 40yd dash is measured in minutes

Feels like there's gonna be a floodbreak moment for Bordeaux soon and they'll run in a hat full - is that three tries scrubbed off now?

Latest posts