• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Quarter Finals

Agreed it's just not physical either his ability to be in the right place at the right time off line breaks is second to none, last few games will tell you that.
This is part of my point, not only has his support play increased, but his tracking back and recovering deep in his own half is immense. These are stamina traits.

I'm a bit tongue in cheek, but is it unfair to ask the question, of a senior player who has spent 5/6 seasons at Leinster as a bit part / understudy to Murray (ireland), then at around 30 starts to get fitter, stronger more explosive etc? Have Leinster changed anything a few seasons ago, because to be fair there are a number of very good athletes come through in recent seasons also.

I would never accuse players of doping (even when I've played and coached them whole seeing them do so hahahahaha).

For me JGP is up there with Faf and Dupont, if you told me I would say that 2/3 years ago I would laugh in your face.

The game feels like it will be finished now
Bulls failing to get the lead before the end of the half I think has killed it for them

High scoring. At one point it looked like the Saints would run away with it. Two quick Bulls tries changed the match. Entertaining but loose.
FFS I've caught 3 games this weekend I thought would be close, and all 3 were blowouts and full for a neutral.

Northampton are great to watch. Feel like a lot of the Bulls point have been off the back of Northhampton errors tbh. It's been a loose game, will have to eliminate the unforced errors against Leinster but its hard to tell how much of that is just down to nature of this game.

What a good day, best atmosphere at a Leinster game ever. There was real hatred in it.

Can't wait to see the photos of Joe McCarthy holding that ball over his head and a fight breaking out in the background. I was lightheaded from shouting so much, was right in front of me.

Bring on Croker, bring on Saints!

Northampton are great to watch. Feel like a lot of the Bulls point have been off the back of Northhampton errors tbh. It's been a loose game, will have to eliminate the unforced errors against Leinster but its hard to tell how much of that is just down to nature of this game.
Yeah I was thinking the same NH really shot themselves in the foot first half, second half there was a big improvement, they really need to work on their kick off returns though they looked very targetable and vulnerable there, not ideal after you score. If Sleightholme can stay fit for a prolonged period and continue the way he is I'm not adverse to seeing how he goes in an England shirt.

Yeah I was thinking the same NH really shot themselves in the foot first half, second half there was a big improvement, they really need to work on their kick off returns though they looked very targetable and vulnerable there, not ideal after you score. If Sleightholme can stay fit for a prolonged period and continue the way he is I'm not adverse to seeing how he goes in an England shirt.

Think Sleightholme has earned a place in the squad for the Japan/NZ tour.

It's hard to know how the SA rank against the best teams in Europe as they don't seem to send first choice sides north and vice versa. I thought La Rochelle looked pretty leggy against the Stormers last weekend IMO, so I wasn't hugely surprised they got it handed to them by Leinster today.

God the premiership is ****, isn't it?
I'm pleasantly surprised that at least 2 prem clubs are in the Semi finals. Punching above their weight interms of squad salaries. Heard last week that Glasgows squad is costing 9M.

Latest posts