Intensity of the scrum

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Hi guys,

Being watching lots of NRL lately and I'm just wondering ( as an Union boy myself) how intense the scrum is when playing league. On tv it last less then 2 sec. So if any of our dual encoders on the board could reply to this, massive thanks.

Cheers

there is very little intensity
folk tend to be more focused on breaking and getting involved in play e.g. egg chasers or be smart and fill into defensive roles

unless you are up against a particularly violent knob there is little intensity. some boys will sometimes try to get a shove on for a turnover but blue moons are more common than that.

Yeah, there's very little intensity in my experience.
There's 3 usual outcomes:
1) Everyone tries to get away ASAP to attack/defend.
2) One team tries to hold the opposition in for a bit to stop them joining the game
3) The defending team try and push the opposition back a bit to disrupt the scrumhalf and/or get a turnover (which is very rare, but can happen if you catch the opposition napping/their scrumhalf puts the ball through slowly).

It's an embarrassing excuse to isolate the forwards from the following play which more often than not is an unimaginative set play.

Half the time the props don't even have their heads in properly. It isn't at all helped by the ref though.

When I get off my iPad I'll jump on the computer and write a proper rant.

Latest posts