• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

In your opinion who is the third favourites besides from New Zealand and England to win the rwc 2019

In your opinion who is the third favourites besides from New Zealand and England to win the rwc 2019

• Ireland

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Wales

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Argentina

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Scotland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia is tanking quickly, and I have no confidence in France. My mind tells me Ireland, but I refuse to poll against Wales.

South Africa for me, although they didn't make your list. Based on the assumption that their coaching lineup will improve and adapt to more open rugby they are trying with their Super Rugby teams or be replaced at the end of this year if they don't.

I guess the climate will be quite European in nature come September 2019, so I'd put Ireland as my next choice. Although Chieka will doubtless wring out a performance from his increasingly threadbare Aussie squad.

I'm not sure I'd make England a top two favourite, but I expect them to progress from the group stage this time despite not having home advantage this time.

Its between Ireland and South Africa for me despite the fact that we didn't make your list or maybe you just forgot about us? LOL, I wouldn't blame you.

Sadly for us I don't see us sacking AC but still think we are placed well enough to be Semi finalists and anything can happen on the day. Hell, we were a lucky break away from upsetting NZ in 2015 even with all our issues.

I think South Africa. Good to see that you've now added them lol.
For all their issues, their is a lot of talent in SA and I believe it's only a matter of time before they are a powerhouse nation again. By 2019 I think they'll be in better shape than they are now.
My next pick would be Ireland.

Thats because it comes with added pressure. Anyone can perform when they have nothing to loose.
I think overconfidence is closer to the issue, if you look at the Welsh and Scottish games you can see that there is no impetus in the performances at all. The only times where mistakes came from trying to force things were late in the games, which I'd relate more to crumbling under pressure. Complacency is definitely a worse problem to have though because its harder to prepare for.

Latest posts