• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer internationals 2024 - what is Scotland’s problem?

bonxie23

Academy Player
I notice that England are in New Zealand in the summer, wales in Australia and Ireland in SA. Looks like Scotland are heading to Argentina yet again or Fiji/tonga/samoa. That could possibly be a ranking point disaster. We never seem to get the big boys.

I notice that England are in New Zealand in the summer, wales in Australia and Ireland in SA. Looks like Scotland are heading to Argentina yet again or Fiji/tonga/samoa. That could possibly be a ranking point disaster. We never seem to get the big boys.
I think they avoid SA, New Zeland and Aus on the basis, players might prefer being at home and not return to Scotland.

Totally agree. But is there a deeper reason why the other three seem to always get the big three. Is it simply because of the three, Scotland are perceived to be the weakest as a playing side, but also as a financial pull

How is it a points ranking disaster? Scotland beating one of the top 3 away isn't highly likely so you'd be losing points, whilst beating the smaller nations will no doubt keep you up there

I know Scotland!!! In the World Cup Scotland's four matches didn't result in one single hundredth of a ranking point being exchanged. Two teams so far above and two teams so far below.

However this isn't really my point.

Latest posts