• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

hypothetical lions team 2011?

I'd expect Richie Gray to step up to the plate and perhaps Seanie will have taken on some leadership role or another by that time.

Say what you will about the 09 squad, but they had a helluva lot of experience and leadership to draw on. The likes of BOD, POC, Martyn Williams, Simon Shaw, Nathan Hines, David Wallece and so on had seen it all and done it all before. A cracking touring party.

Now, you've got to think ahead with these teams, which is why I'm forecasting this backline for the Lions...

9. Youngs 10. Jackson 11. Gilroy 12. Marshall 13. Spence 14. Bowe 15. Foden

Rip things to pieces that would.

f Youngs can find forum again it would yes, but will all those young guys be ready for 2013?

Yea I didn't think he was as he just proved but out of those 4 nordies I think that hes right but not for 2013. I think that they will be brought into the Irish squad after the WC.

Yea I didn't think he was as he just proved but out of those 4 nordies I think that hes right but not for 2013. I think that they will be brought into the Irish squad after the WC.

Its nice to know I got at least one bite!

Although being serious, all four players mentioned are further along the path to being Lions than Halfpenny was in 2007.

Latest posts