• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup Final 2019

6 people go wild. For real though Leinster were done in the second half like we were . Sarries have another gear.

Congratulations Saracens, hell of a performance. Leinster fighting right to the end as well. Great game.

Shameful, commentary still going on about Sarries buying players. Man City again.

Not the time nor place (nor was most of it correct).

Best final in years. 2 top sides, and by far the best in Europe.

Are you kidding me salty commentary team?Sarries play their home matches at the Ricoh, not well supported (arguable) and don't have any youth or academy system just buying in players? Known as the Man City of rugby?

:eek:

Most of their English internationals came through their academy.

Weirdly as a quins supporter I normally feel huge apathy for sarries

But **** me that commentary melted a frozen heart
Heaslip was a tad bias ......

But hard to argue Saracens bossed that 2nd half hugely. Henshaw never got to Newcastle it was like. Williams bossed Lowe and Farrell outplayed Sexton. Every back for Leinster was outplayed except Larmour who looked electrifying anytime he had ball. It's rare to see. Leinster lost alot in selection. The backup frontrow was very poor and they lost loads when Healy, Cronin and Furlong departed. Healy was brilliant. Conan and Ryan tried hard but after that noone else really did

I know Mako had a ****le but was the change of both props a ruthless call by McCall that won it too

Good contest that, though Leinster dropped off a bit in the last 20... two amazing teams and set ups, congratulations to Saracens. Massive try from Binny!

Itoje as MOTM is a head scratcher

Kruis or Binny for me
Wasn't Brad given MOTM at end there? Irish commentary gave it to BV. Was there a third? Williams up there for me as well, he owned absolutely crucial moments like it was nothing.

Fair result putting loads of pressure on Leinster was key for me.
Defence won it by a mile back foot and Leinster dont work.
They are a great team and will regroup and come out smarting v Munster.
Pride probably needs putting back into shirt over next couple of games.
Hard to say but they flattered to deceive today had them as winners today but not a great day at office.

Latest posts