• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Head Gear

Originally posted by captainamerica+Sep 7 2004, 06:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Sep 7 2004, 06:01 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Sep 6 2004, 05:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 7 2004, 08:48 AM
Head Gear is as pointless as wearing a Brown Paper Bag to protect your face

And I take it that picture is from the Early days of Gridion?

It isn't pointless at all. I play centre and ripped my ear away from my head during one game, and had to have it glued back in place. From then on I've worn a scrum cap, and if I didn't I doubt whether my ear would still be attached to my head, so for me head gear serves a very useful purpose.
Why don't you just tape your ears down? [/b]
Yeah, that might look better.

On the contrary, I'd say that the scrum cap says alot more "rugby" and tape says alot more "hobbo".

Originally posted by captainamerica+Sep 8 2004, 05:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Sep 8 2004, 05:01 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

It isn't pointless at all. I play centre and ripped my ear away from my head during one game, and had to have it glued back in place. From then on I've worn a scrum cap, and if I didn't I doubt whether my ear would still be attached to my head, so for me head gear serves a very useful purpose.
Why don't you just tape your ears down? [/b]
I tried taping my ears down but I was painful to take off, use to slip all over the place when I started sweating and messed up my hair more than a scrum cap. As a back I just couldn't handle any of those things
<

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 8 2004, 07:12 PM
Meh, each to their own.

Headgear gives me the shits
Must have been uncomfortable running when you tried it..................
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Sep 8 2004, 08:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Sep 8 2004, 08:06 AM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Sep 8 2004, 05:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper

Why don't you just tape your ears down?
I tried taping my ears down but I was painful to take off, use to slip all over the place when I started sweating and messed up my hair more than a scrum cap. As a back I just couldn't handle any of those things
<
[/b]
I you put some bandage under the tape it wouldn't hurt while taking off because your hair wouldn't get pluged.

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 8 2004, 07:12 PM
Headgear gives me the shits
This thing, they call Ripper, is an extraordinary creature.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Headgear gives me the shits[/b]

I . . . Words can't comprehend the . . . When a man gets the . . . -- Ripper, stay the hell away from me.

Why, God, why?

. . . I don't know whether my tears are from laughing or crying . . .

We're all gonna die.

I never asked to be born.

I think I see the sun rising, and I smile. As it launches further into the sky, brightening all around, I feel good.

Then Ripper stands up and hits for six.

Me too, Ripper, me . . . too . . .

hope your not a prop Ripper otherwise I feel sorry for your locks if they wear scrum caps
<

Latest posts