• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Going for Gold

I almost think a more telling appointment is Brendan Venter as technical advisor on a permanent basis or at least as permanent as one can expect from Venter who is a brilliant rugby mind but very emotional person.

This is upsetting. I don't rate Gary Gold that highly. it feels a little disappointing but there is hope with Brendan announced as technical director. then again he probably wont stay for too long. I really hope i am wrong about gold but i just see him as one of the conservative tactical kicking type of coaches. we need to get the springboks and our unions playing the same (running) brand of rugby. I see the sharks playing the same style as they played under Jake White just less tactical with a bit more freedom given to the players.

Gary Gold has been confirmed, with Brendan Venter as technical advisor.

"We want to get the players to enjoy their rugby; then the good players will come to the fore. I have a philosophy of how I see the game going, in terms of us being successful. And, attack will be a real area of focus for us. And, we have the players to do it. You have to figure out a way of scoring tries. It's just about striking the right balance with the players…"

Source

Latest posts