• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goal should have 2 bars

1. Japan racist? Because of something involving Korean schools? Aren't Koreans and Japanese the same race? That would make them xenophobic at best .

As for this point, Japan is an overtly racist state. I am a Japanese national with ethnically Korean origin. The Japanese government has a decades history of repression on Korean schools, and Japan's political police assassinated an activist of the Chongryon (General Association of Korean Residents in Japan, affiliated with the DPRK government) in 1998.
And there is the problem of the Burakumin discrimination. Do you know the Sayama incident?

3. The scrum is one of the core aspects of the game. Remove the scrum and we won't be needing hookers and props. It destroys the whole dimension of the game we all love.

Even if there is no scrum, there is still rucks and mauls. So 1st row players will be still needed.

Reveal yourself to us siege .. Treat noble trf to one look into your steely gaze.

I for one would love to see the incredible mind behind this forward thinking and critical thought.
The man behind the mind.

Rugbys last hope.

9. So you can only convert a FK into a point in the final 10 minutes? Bullsh*t idea, sorry.
10. Why 2 bars?

9. No, I did not say such thing. I was saying that if 1 point can be scored from a FK, there will not many attempts except in the situations like tie score (or 1 point difference, of 7 point difference) in the last minutes of the game.
10. As I have said, balls higher than the posts are difficult to judge. So the posts should be 18m, and higher balls should be no goal. Since I have never seen balls over 18m, there will be effectively no change.

10. . So the posts should be 18m, and higher balls should be no goal. Since I have never seen balls over 18m, there will be effectively no change.

Why? Why change something when you admit yourself there would in effect be no change

Just why . Please explain this
Give us your logic

Feed me from the mind of the great saviour

Last edited:
Why? Why change something when you admit yourself there would in effect be no change

Just why . Please explain this
Give us your logic

Feed me from the mind of the great saviour

I have already explained. Balls higher than posts are difficult to judge. That's all.
I am attending Rugby games, and the height of goal posts seems 14m or so. This is not enough. Sometimes balls can go over 14m.
18m must be enough.

11. Like a safety in NFL? Not a bad idea. Make it 2 points, but give the attacking team the decision to either take the 2 safety points or take a 5 m. scrum to go for a try

Maybe you are right. But I do not like 5m scrum. Choose points (1 or 2) or 5m FK.

I have already explained. Balls higher than posts are difficult to judge. That's all.
I am attending Rugby games, and the height of goal posts seems 14m or so. This is not enough. Sometimes balls can go over 14m.
18m must be enough.

I believe that the minimum height for posts (if I researched correctly) is 3.4 m, with crossbar at 3 m. When playing at small club or grassroots levels you'll be hard pressed to find a team that can manage 18 m goalposts. If you standardize the height, then you're going to see poorer third world clubs unable to meet the goalpost height requirement. Hell, some are lucky they even have a rugby ball. Kill the game on that level by making rules that are unrealistic for the clubs at the bottom to meet and it's like cutting out the roots of a tree.

Your biggest concern is that it's hard to discern if a ball going over 18m is within the posts. Is this also a concern of assistant referees? They're the ones who would be most affected. If we're hearing no complaints from them, then it's highly unlikely that high balls are a problem. Since most kicks (conversion and penalty) occur with the eagle-eyed assistant refs standing right under the posts, I don't think they have much of a problem judging if the ball was within the posts. The only place this may cause a problem is with drop goals, since the assistants may not be right under the posts when the kick is made. But relatively speaking, drop goals are rare and extremely high balls even rarer, so it wouldn't be logical to make such an arbitrary change on the odd chance that a ball may go into orbit somewhere around 18 m.

A better solution? For the big games where it would really matter - the Cup, the major competitions, the international matches - just use well-positioned cameras. If they can take those awesome pictures of the moon during half-time, then I think a good camera can also find other objects launched into orbit, especially those much closer to home. ;)

das

I believe that the minimum height for posts (if I researched correctly) is 3.4 m, with crossbar at 3 m. When playing at small club or grassroots levels you'll be hard pressed to find a team that can manage 18 m goalposts. If you standardize the height, then you're going to see poorer third world clubs unable to meet the goalpost height requirement. Hell, some are lucky they even have a rugby ball. Kill the game on that level by making rules that are unrealistic for the clubs at the bottom to meet and it's like cutting out the roots of a tree.

Your biggest concern is that it's hard to discern if a ball going over 18m is within the posts. Is this also a concern of assistant referees? They're the ones who would be most affected. If we're hearing no complaints from them, then it's highly unlikely that high balls are a problem. Since most kicks (conversion and penalty) occur with the eagle-eyed assistant refs standing right under the posts, I don't think they have much of a problem judging if the ball was within the posts. The only place this may cause a problem is with drop goals, since the assistants may not be right under the posts when the kick is made. But relatively speaking, drop goals are rare and extremely high balls even rarer, so it wouldn't be logical to make such an arbitrary change on the odd chance that a ball may go into orbit somewhere around 18 m.

A better solution? For the big games where it would really matter - the Cup, the major competitions, the international matches - just use well-positioned cameras. If they can take those awesome pictures of the moon during half-time, then I think a good camera can also find other objects launched into orbit, especially those much closer to home. ;)

das

I have a question. Would 18m-tall goal be so expensive? I have no idea since I have never touched in management of any club (amateur, junior, or whatever)?

I have a question. Would 18m-tall goal be so expensive? I have no idea since I have never touched in management of any club (amateur, junior, or whatever)?

A set of aluminium regulation size posts start at around $3500.00 US (12 m high). Not cheap.

das

I need to find something to do. Otherwise this happens...

dc396v.jpg

I need to find something to do. Otherwise this happens...

dc396v.jpg

I like it! Now, add the infrared beam system I suggested earlier, and we won't need those silly assistant refs flapping their silly little flags!

das

I like it! Now, add the infrared beam system I suggested earlier, and we won't need those silly assistant refs flapping their silly little flags!

das

Or... A net. Which is cheaper. When you score, pull a lever which tightens the net and pops the all back out.

Or... A net. Which is cheaper. When you score, pull a lever which tightens the net and pops the all back out.

Oooooooo. It would be like a giant lacrosse stick. And that way the ball would immediately be in play, speeding the game up and giving both sides an opportunity to scramble for the lose ball.

Now, speaking of flying balls and such...what about placing some sort of widget thingy inside the balls so that they make a "weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" screaming noise when passed or kicked. I think that would spice things up a bit, too.

das

Oooooooo. It would be like a giant lacrosse stick. And that way the ball would immediately be in play, speeding the game up and giving both sides an opportunity to scramble for the lose ball.

Now, speaking of flying balls and such...what about placing some sort of widget thingy inside the balls so that they make a "weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" screaming noise when passed or kicked. I think that would spice things up a bit, too.

das
This idea. NAO!

*sigesige00 idea #2458*

Instead on the fly half kicking the ball over the cross bar, why doesn't he try to jump over it with the use of a very long, flexible pole (giggidy) and with each conversion attempt the cross bar gets higher each time.

Motherf*****g novelty.

*sigesige00 idea #2458*

Instead on the fly half kicking the ball over the cross bar, why doesn't he try to jump over it with the use of a very long, flexible pole (giggidy) and with each conversion attempt the cross bar gets higher each time.

Motherf*****g novelty.
If only they had a name for this event...

Latest posts