• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting a field and/or clubhouse- Advice?

jonny24

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
Hey guys (and girls!)

Our club is 13 or so years old now, and we're starting to outgrow our current situation. Currently we play at the local high school and use the change rooms at the community centre next door, and got to the bar down the street. We're starting to look into getting our own field and facilities. Ideally, we'd like to own our own field and clubhouse, but we're open to options ie leasing, partnership with the county or other groups etc. We still have to decide exactly what direction we go in, its all very preliminary right now.

Has anyone here gone through the same thing? I'm looking for any insight on how to proceed, problems you ran into, things that helped or hindered the project. We have some really good people already in the club who have a lot of expertise, one lady is pretty much a professional fundraiser and coordinator and the club president is a civil engineer at a design/eng firm, so he's up on permits and dealing with the county and building requirements.

I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone. This is likely going to take a few years but I'm excited to be a part of it and help the club take it's next step.

Latest posts