• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Q everyone is asking: if NH and SH posters were to face each other in a rugby game...

We even got down to the kit design stage, but couldn't find a tournament with a decent having-a-laugh tier,

I did play against a couple of (now ex-)members at a 7s tournament in Wales a while back, good laugh

Why would I want to do that?
NYC7s is the ultimate show up with old school friends and smoke weed between tries but I think at least two people would just disappear into Manhattan eternally.

Righto, who's the pretty boy partnering me at flyhalf then?

I was touted as a generational talent who was a Mike Phillips/Dan Carter hybrid with a bit of Mackenzie thrown in so can cover 9,10 or 15. Whilst I have only played 10 a handful of times I can obviously do a job but I'm stronger at 9 and my **** house game is top drawer and I fancy I'd be able to get my opposite number @Derpus to punch me inside the first 5 mins, get him sent off and then walk the rest of the game seeing as I'm about 2 stone overweight now.

Having never played I'm a bench player at best. I'm a massively out fitness middle distance runner. So best to stick me in the bench as wing cover and pray you don't call on me.

I can catch the ball, run and pass. Can't kick so would never make the England team (or I dunno makes me a shoe in).
You can be our totally objective, unbiased Wayne Barnes-esque ref.

@miccloarch, what position did you play? I was very, very impressed with your design skills. Enough to guarantee you a spot in the team.

Jesus my last game was 2018...

I'm 6'5, about 105kg and I played my last season (about 7 games) at 9 or wing. Not bad for a career lock lol

I watched my missus play last Sunday, and I nearly pulled a hammy when a club man came over and asked if I fancied coming back to play.

Sadly due to hip, rib, and shoulder issues my contact days are probably over, i spend most of my spare time trying to drag my fat arse around a triathlon course without dying!

Stopped at 37.

Mainly THP with a bit of LHP through school and first half of club career before converting to hooker (Bevan, Alfie get inspired….. :)). Never the largest or quickest but fairly strong with a penchant for goal hanging and the occasional conversion. Could summon up the odd gallop and catch and pass a bit in the days before those became fashionable for front rowers.

Don't you worry. I've been told the cheerleader spot for the NH is still open.

But that's me ! I already said I'd be screeching from the sidelines pretending to be a " medic ".
I'm afraid to inform you this is a very progressive forum and equal opportunities are paramount. Since ncurd hasn't relinquished his candidacy this leaves you with one of two choices

- trial by combat
- no holds barred walk-off, old-school rules: first one walks, second one duplicates then elaborates

No one has ever beaten ncurd at a walk-off. True story.

I'm afraid to inform you this is a very progressive forum and equal opportunities are paramount. Since ncurd hasn't relinquished his candidacy this leaves you with one of two choices

- trial by combat
- no holds barred walk-off, old-school rules: first one walks, second one duplicates then elaborates

No one has ever beaten ncurd at a walk-off. True story.
Trial by combat it is then 😁

Trial by combat it is then 😁
My Dad taught me not to hit girls I concede and not because I'm more afraid of you than any of these knuckleheads on the rugby field.

Latest posts