• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgia now rated higher than Italy in world rankings

Scotland are being underestimated. They should've won against Italy and Wales. They're not as bad as the score line makes out.

Scotland are being underestimated. They should've won against Italy and Wales. They're not as bad as the score line makes out.
Agreed, We play good rugby but its the numbers off errors which cost us the match's.

Damn... Do the year by year losses in the Six Nations push them down the rankings? I'd imagine the rankings take into consideration that Georgia etc play weaker sides. I'm not sure how it works, but yeah can't feel too good to be Scotland either.

Damn... Do the year by year losses in the Six Nations push them down the rankings? I'd imagine the rankings take into consideration that Georgia etc play weaker sides. I'm not sure how it works, but yeah can't feel too good to be Scotland either.

tbh its not that bad even though we had a horrible six nations. Our pro 12 sides are playing well with Glasgow and Edinburgh playing well. We also have a good bunch off youth players playing and some more to come too!

Agreed, We play good rugby but its the numbers off errors which cost us the match's.

I say give it time. There is potential with Scotland, something which I don't see in Italy at the moment. Are you guys in new Zealand's WC group?

Update: just saw you guys are in SA's group. Reckon you guys can get out of the group!

Last edited:
tbh its not that bad even though we had a horrible six nations. Our pro 12 sides are playing well with Glasgow and Edinburgh playing well. We also have a good bunch off youth players playing and some more to come too!

Oh yeah I agree. Just on paper it wouldn't be a good feeling. I was thinking they would surprise some teams this Six Nations in round 2 I think, but it wasn't to be. They have a natural attacking sense. Good skills. They just need more time for a system to be integrated.

I say give it time. There is potential with Scotland, something which I don't see in Italy at the moment. Are you guys in new Zealand's WC group?

Update: just saw you guys are in SA's group. Reckon you guys can get out of the group!
Well we could potentially lose to Samoa if we play the same way we did against Italy

No, Italy thoroughly deserved their win. Scotland could have won but should have is far fetched, like they could have won against wales and France.

Should have is like burying heads in sand.

Few minutes ago Georgia U-18 won against Ireland U-18 (schools, not clubs) at European Championship (in shoot out). We will play Italy U-18 in semi-finals. Decent youth is coming............[h=2][/h]

Few minutes ago Georgia U-18 won against Ireland U-18 (schools, not clubs) at European Championship (in shoot out). We will play Italy U-18 in semi-finals. Decent youth is coming............[h=2][/h]

Didn't we lose to Italy Under 18s as well?

I believe it was Ireland U-18 clubs who lost to Italy: Irlanda v Italia 13-19, Dublino 21.02.15
As far as I know Ireland U-18 Schools (which we played today) is much stronger

Didn't we lose to Italy Under 18s as well?

Yeah it was like a week after the Senior Cup finals so the team would only have been together a few days and a lot the lads not exactly keyed in I'd say.