• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Scotland

Outstanding rugby by France. Only saw the second half, but the match was a thoroughly enjoyable watch; except for one thing!!

Why do broadcasters persist in having Jonathon Davies in the commentary box. He has got such an annoying whingey, whiny voice.
30.gif

Agreed, and it is not like he has commentating and rugby knowledge skills to compensate for this

@ Charles, we have played against poor defences before and been unable to score, so it will always be an improvement

An inspiring performances today,Sir Andy has done the impossible, make Scotland a pleasure to watch

Please don't go ***s up against Wales

If Scotland play like they did against France against Wales (minus the faulty scrum) they will win and win well. ANd those of you saying Scotland have no flair, that has to be one of our best try scoring effort so years. And don't say Italy played with flair and Scotland used brute strength, it was obviously the opposite. We are at the bottom of the table, but in performance we should be 3rd. Played better than Italy, Wales and Ireland.

Classy performance from the French who really do now look the team to beat. Scotland actually played really well and it's no mean feat going away to France and getting three tries but France were just brutal in their punishment when the Scottish ever made a mistake.

the french were great today. pounced on any mistake the scots made. however in saying that, if scotland had cut out those silly turnovers they may have been able to win the match. harinordoquy is the man!

Scotland have performed very well and should win next week. I think Robbinson has done wonders for Scotland. Previously Scotland were rewarded to much for playing quite well but not winning. Now with Andy he expects nothing but the win and therefore grinds a good performance out of Scotland. Richie Grey and Ansbro were very good. As for France MAGNIFIQUE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If Scotland play like they did against France against Wales (minus the faulty scrum) they will win and win well. ANd those of you saying Scotland have no flair, that has to be one of our best try scoring effort so years. And don't say Italy played with flair and Scotland used brute strength, it was obviously the opposite. We are at the bottom of the table, but in performance we should be 3rd. Played better than Italy, Wales and Ireland.

Scotland play like they have done always, Kick the ball, up the park hope for a knock-on or a mistake. They have improved under Sir Andy, he has given them that English mentality of believing anything is possible, its just ashame that as a Scotman being told anything is possible is impossible lol. France were v.good but weak in defense. Scotland dont have flair they've relied in brute strength or penalties to win them games, today was the first time I've seen Scotland score more than 3 tries against a top 10 international team in a long time, but I dont know I am not happy with my country, we are always, a nearly country, never a succeeding country. I hope Andy can work his magic. I agree based on the performance of all the teams in the tournament so far we are 3rd best, Ireland were awful, Italy werent bad bad. Wales has been the worst I've seen so far this weekend and even though England won, they weren't a team Id be quaking in my pants with, Think France will walk England when they meet. Wales if they play like they did on Friday, Scotland should have a easier game. Ireland simply are fooked against France if they play like they did today.

Murrayfielder, did you watch todays game?
They were the opposite of what you're saying they are!

Poor poor defense of french team, FTD was the only "great" in back defense. FTD Had a good game, it's great to see a him playing wel. He is 24 and he has a great potential for the futur.

Poor poor defense of french team, FTD was the only "great" in back defense. FTD Had a good game, it's great to see a him playing wel. He is 24 and he has a great potential for the futur.

His pass through his legs was pure quality. that try will surely but in the running for try of the year.

His pass through his legs was pure quality. that try will surely but in the running for try of the year.

Surely one of the best try of the year with an awesome pass from FTD and great run from Harrinordoquy.
We'll have a great game v Ireland next week ;)

France were phenomenal in places today, but fair play to Scotland as well. As much as no one truly thought scotland were going to win the match after the way France started it, they showed their heart and passion and really fought to the end.
A lot of respect for Scotland, but a lot of admiration for France.
Great game.

Great pass of rugby from Tran Duhc (I think!) to Harrinordoquy, France deserved the win although still good play from Scotland! Good to see that Scotland didn't stop playing until after the game was finished!

Was a good game with lots of action from both sides. France played well organized and played like a team. I actually see them win the tournament.

That's alright... The triple crown will do me :O)

Seriously though, good game. Really enjoyed it despite the loss. Perhaps, again despite the loss, Scotland's best start to a 6 nations for a while. Looking forward to the rest of this tournament!

Really pleased with how Scotland played if we hadn't made some basic handeling errors we could have won. If we keep improving like we have done under Andy Robinson then we could actually compete for the 6 nations before long, well hopefully anyway

Very enjoyable game,as for the prospect of both teams, I cannot really decide whether Frandce defense was that crap or if Scotland attack was that good. Certainly Scotland second try was a soft one to concede, but others were thoroughly deserved.

A game between two poor teams can be as enjoyable as any.

@ Murrayfielder

If you want to see flair from Scotland, you are looking at a dramatic shift in the very fabric of Scottish society

We are just not built for it

A lot of folk I know were ultra-critical of Scotland but is it really to be expected that they beat France in Paris? I reckon the whole side showed real skill today and it was great to see the scoreboard ticking over with points coming from other places than Dan Parks' boot. Looking back at our Autumn form I guess a win could've been more achieveable than usual but all in all a great start to the tournament from both teams' point of view - looking forward to seeing what we can do against Wales!

Latest posts