• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v England

Brian Moore. He's finally gone insane from watching all the crap that England have been exhibiting on the pitch since 2004. So in a way, I don't blame him.

I've always like Moore. Whenever I'm watching a six nations game Moore provides comfort from the monstrosity that is Eddie Butler. Butler is the pure definition of a meat sack, a massive boof head.

Agreed there, Butler is just a knob who almost acts like his presence shouldn't even be near meaty Moore. Moore gave me a few laughs last night though; "It hasn't gone ten, don't touch it.....you half-wit!" :D

As my friend said to me a few hours ago, France played badly because England made them play badly. France showed good back play in the last two matches, England's defence prevented that, our flankers were everywhere and France's breaks were cut down quickly. And throughout more than half of the match, Englands forwards completely dominated Frances. Every time a ruck formed, our forwards poured over it and made it difficult for France to serve whilst securing the ball for Wiggles. The scrums towards the end were ridiculous.

EDIT: One example of England causing France to play bad, France decided to run the ball from their own try line.. fair enough, not clever.. but.. England's defence a.k.a. Noon's tackle on Heymans I think.. lead to a try.

Even France's 'amazing' back three ran the ball into touch more than made breaks. When Rougerie went off.. 'I don't know why he's upset he's played crap' (Brian Moore). LOL that made me laugh. And some people say Lievrement doesn't care that much about winning, only wants to give younger players a sesh for the next WC.... If you weren't mad would you call someone a clown? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7261624.stm
[/b]
Did you miss the replay? Noon knocked the ball on; it was not a try. Traille missed two kicks, which would have made a significant difference to the game. At the end of the first half, where Clerc ran horizontally across his twenty-two, with no hope of breaking the gainline, only to get smashed by an England flanker, summed up France's naivety.
Ahh well, the coach is building for the future, so I hope this means we haven't seen the last of this exciting French side at their best. Still can't wait for the Welsh game with them though! Should be superb!

The knock on is one of those things I guess. I apply the same logic that I applied to the forward pass that enabled Michalak's break against New Zealand in the World Cup Quater-Final. Obviously not a try but what can you do if the officials don't do their job? Were the touch judges watching at the time?

At the same time though...that was a pretty meaty tackle by Noon... :D

The knock on is one of those things I guess. I apply the same logic that I applied to the forward pass that enabled Michalak's break against New Zealand in the World Cup Quater-Final. Obviously not a try but what can you do if the officials don't do their job? Were the touch judges watching at the time?

[/b]
Steve Walsh, a New Zealander, fan of the All Blacks team knocked out by France due to a forward pass try, refereeing a game between France and England, allows a knock-on try.
See where I'm going with this? :toss:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Steve Walsh, a New Zealander, fan of the All Blacks team knocked out by France due to a forward pass try, refereeing a game between France and England, allows a knock-on try.
See where I'm going with this? :toss:
[/b][/quote]

Lame. Very lame, and pathetic to be honest :toss:

You're right...
Wayne Barnes, an Englishman, was the referee that night, so surely Walsh would have wanted France to win!
I knew my arguement was flawed!

You're right...
Wayne Barnes, an Englishman, was the referee that night, so surely Walsh would have wanted France to win!
I knew my arguement was flawed!
[/b]

Thankyou :)

What time and where? I'll make the phone calls and supply the weapons and such. Wait, what do referee's fight with? :huh:

Wayne Barnes should win this, we all know how good he is with a yellow card. :lol:

Did you miss the replay? Noon knocked the ball on; it was not a try. Traille missed two kicks, which would have made a significant difference to the game. At the end of the first half, where Clerc ran horizontally across his twenty-two, with no hope of breaking the gainline, only to get smashed by an England flanker, summed up France's naivety.
Ahh well, the coach is building for the future, so I hope this means we haven't seen the last of this exciting French side at their best. Still can't wait for the Welsh game with them though! Should be superb!
[/b]

Erm, well it was a try because it was awarded and 5 points were added to England's score. :toss:

But what can you do, there've been countless tries that weren't tries. My point still stands as England's defense lead to a France mistake (arguably).

I would call that lost in the tackle/impact rather than a knock on. It's all very well to say that when you see it in super slow-motion - there's a reason why no players at the time claimed it was!

I watched the first english try in slow motion and on a 42" plasma TV.

First, we can believe a forward contact as the ball clearly went in the blue camp, but watching it again, we can't see at any moment a white body touching it, It is quite possible that the trajectory is only due to the violence of the tackle

I watched it again with the hubble telescope on my grandmother's 42 inches ass and it's definitely forward. Watch closely between the hemorroids.

Latest posts