• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France - Argentina

they shouldve went for the lineout instead of the goal kick which michalak missed!

great game im so happy for the argies!!

<div class='quotemain'>Argentina's greatest win.[/b]

Wasn't that in 1999 RWC we we kicked out Ireland?

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:
[/b][/quote]

No, Ireland were not semi favorites to win the cup.

Worst possible result for Ireland, now they get to face a confident Pumas and an angry France.

Fair play to Argentina, they stuck to their gameplan and shut France out, if Hernandez had the drop-kicking boots on they would have been out of sight.

Laporte is probably regretting not putting an outside back on the bench after Heymans' performance and his inability to really change up the backline

<div class='quotemain'>Argentina's greatest win.[/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: [/b][/quote]

Ouch! You'll pay for that ... :rahh:

Anyway, I'm content with those performances tonight - Ireland will leave those two teams in the dust.

Argentina were shockingly weak in the scrum, poor in the lineout, disgraceful in their waste of Contepomi in attack, but magnificent at the breakdown. I expect the French to get it together, but it's going to be difficult for them to outsmart Ireland.

<div class='quotemain'>No, Ireland were not semi favorites to win the cup.[/b]

That's true but in that time we went to QF and kcoked out Ireland in the first round.
[/b][/quote]

:unsure: Does Ireland have a rugby team?

<div class='quotemain'>

That's true but in that time we went to QF and kcoked out Ireland in the first round.
[/b][/quote]

:unsure: Does Ireland have a rugby team? [/b][/quote]

Karth, are you a bit "******", in both senses of the word?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

:unsure: Does Ireland have a rugby team? [/b][/quote]

lol you remind of chiro after an all black defeat :lol:

Incredible victory by the Pumas!! I don´t know if Argentina played a perfect second half, but the tackling of this team is incredible.
And Corleto is so dangerous, he will score a lot in this RWC.

I´m so happy.
[/b]

You sure picked it, Corleto was great under the high ball and played amazing. I thought Borges was awesome also, his defence was brilliant for his tiny size. Especially seeing him take down a full flight Chabal in a copy book tackle.
Borges was my player of the match

Heymans has fixed a weakness at full back - just hope he continues his form from the Wales game. In that case, there is no room for Poitrenaud.

Clerc will get in eventually, but I guess the goal kicking conundrum is the one thing that will trouble France throughout the tournament.

France are going to blow Argentina away. Arg's first half mid-field defence against Wales was shocking - some of the worst I've seen at the Millennium Stadium (and that's the home ground of Wales!). People will excuse them because of "rustiness", but this French team shows no mercy in their opening blitzkriegs.

Jauzion to smash holes at will, and France's backrow replacements to finish the game off at a canter.

This game, and the AB-Italy game, will tell us if we've got two monster teams heading for a nuclear explosion in the final.

Mind you, I've been veeeeeery wrong about France in the past. <_<

[/b]
yeah you were veeeeery wrong again. ha heymans fixing the problems at the back whata joke. :D

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>Argentina's greatest win.[/b]

Anyway, I'm content with those performances tonight - Ireland will leave those two teams in the dust.

Argentina were shockingly weak in the scrum, poor in the lineout, disgraceful in their waste of Contepomi in attack, but magnificent at the breakdown. I expect the French to get it together, but it's going to be difficult for them to outsmart Ireland.

[/b][/quote]

Outsmart Ireland? :lol2tn:

Although I suppose your right, the Irish cannot help but be confident. I mean, who wouldn't be confident facing a team they have lost 5 straight games to.

france were rubbish. outside the set pieces the french didn't do anything right at all.

Good on argentina they had a simple game plan and they did enough to win even without playing very well at all.

Superb defence from Aregentina, true body on the line material.

France did not even look like they really wanted to play the level required.

France should be glad it wasn't a complete shut out. If Aregentina made the last penalty, France would have ended up with no points.

Although Argentina.... When the game is over... MAKE SURE THE BALL GOES DEAD!!!!!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>Argentina's greatest win.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

This game was great. VAMOS PUMAS CARAJOOOO!!!!

Sorry Guinness-friends, but you are going to kill yourselves against France to have a place in the 1/4 finals.
I went to watch the game to an Irish pub, and the guys there didn't look very happy. :ranting:

Loffreda knew that they could win the game but they allways played from the modest side. French took this as poor sudaka compliment and grew big in proud. Their mistake! we kicked them on their ass!!! Se puede decir que somos el grano en el culo de los franceses. :bleh!:

Go Argentina, rest to be well recovered for the next games. :zzz:

<div class='quotemain'> Heymans has fixed a weakness at full back - just hope he continues his form from the Wales game. In that case, there is no room for Poitrenaud.

Clerc will get in eventually, but I guess the goal kicking conundrum is the one thing that will trouble France throughout the tournament.

France are going to blow Argentina away. Arg's first half mid-field defence against Wales was shocking - some of the worst I've seen at the Millennium Stadium (and that's the home ground of Wales!). People will excuse them because of "rustiness", but this French team shows no mercy in their opening blitzkriegs.

Jauzion to smash holes at will, and France's backrow replacements to finish the game off at a canter.

This game, and the AB-Italy game, will tell us if we've got two monster teams heading for a nuclear explosion in the final.

Mind you, I've been veeeeeery wrong about France in the past. <_<

[/b]
yeah you were veeeeery wrong again. ha heymans fixing the problems at the back whata joke. :D [/b][/quote]

I'll make a come back:

France to win the RWC.