• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forum speed?

TRF_Fullback

Bench Player
Country Flag
UK
We're concerned that, occasionally, the forum can slow down or even been unavailable briefly.

Can you reply back to this thread with the following:

Your opinion on the speed of TRF compared to other forums (not web sites) that you use. Do you tend to find TRF to be slower than the others? Or faster? Or the same?​

If necessary we may look to increase the server configuration.

Thanks,

The TRF Team

Forum is fine for me on my laptop. Just is a bit slow on my ipod, but that's probably more to do with my ipod than anything. Other than that it all runs at a fine speed.

Thanks, forgot to say it would be helpful if people could post what country they are in, as obviously speed will differ around the world.

It is true the forum sometimes is slow or unavailable but no more than other forums. England.

Dare I say it, but since we cut down on the number of pic/gif signatures the place runs much more smoothly. I'm in Canada (eh?) and have no issues at the mo.

Forum speed is fine for me on my two dinosaur desktop computers. I would say it may also be faster since doing away with some of the sig gifs and large pictures.

Gifs, as much as I love 'em, just kills my page loading speed.

EDIT: Feicarsinn beat me to it. :)

das (USA)

Last edited:
No problems here either. It can sometimes be a little slow/unavailable, but no more than other forums that have much more money poured into them. England.

In Ireland it's occasionally slow here in Munster region but it happens with other sites so I'm guessing it iPhone or laptop or Internet but forum is usually fast and can't pick where any fault would be with site

No different to any other forums I've frequented... Occasionally there's downtime, I guess, but it's never overly frustrating. NZ.

It was slow for me earlier today, and I think that's the first time I've had trouble for a year or so.

Queensland - I get great speeds... Don't see any reason to call it slow.

Singapore- Usually no problems but occasionally it takes time to load the last post on the page, hasn't happened in a while though.

Up until a few days ago I was having problems getting back to the "latest posts" section from the thread pages. At times it was necessary to bail out of the site altogether and re-enter. This was particularly noticeable on threads with a lot of pages (the recent 6N match threads were the prime example). I haven't encountered this on other forum sites. That said, the problem seems to have eased in the last few days. Netherlands.

Pretty fast. Some people can be a bit GIF happy at times but i am usually on a fast enough connection that it isnt an issue. England

Latest posts