Forum Hierarchy

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Just wondering how the system works. As far as I can tell there's three separate levels: Administrator, Super Moderator and TRF Legend (very modest names btw). Obviously a fair few people got made super moderator recently and I'm just wondering what each role entails and are you all the same level just with different ***les?

It was foretold in the long-distant past that I would be part of a Triumvirate known as the TRF Overlords, consisting of myself, RC & Sir Speedy - who would rule this forum with an iron fist. As most people now reading this will not know who I'm referring to shows how far back into the mists of time this goes.
If you see them, could you let them know I'm still here...?

Ps. If anyone stumbles over Gay Guy & An Tarbh tell them I miss them.

I think RC posts still but rarely I noticed him in a thread the other day, can't remember which one though.

TRF Legends are, generally, ex-mods/admins.
Mods keeps things tidy, make sure people are following the rules, get rid of spam, that sort of stuff.
Admins do the above, but also things like publishing the articles on the front page and other such things.

Does it matter, they all post well not power mad, let the banter flow and serious discussion aswell, all in all they all see to do a good job, i am impressed with how this forum is run and i for one is really enjoying myself here.

Edit, i know the basic rule of moderating and admin as have owned my own forum and moderated on one or two as well.

Last edited:
Well essentially it works like this:

You've got the owners of the forum: Getofmeland, Teh Mite and St.Helens (is Woosaah involved? I can never remember)

Then you've got the administrators. These guys have pretty much unlimited power to edit the forum as they see fit. Currently the admins are: Getofmeland, Olyy, St. Helens, Woosaah, Ezequiel

Then you've got the super moderators who handle much of the day to day runnings of the forum. We handle deleting spam, creating new match threads, keeping threads clear of unsavoury material. Mods can do this in any sub forum on the board. Currently the moderators are: Draggs, ORothlain, Cymro, Darwin, Feicarsinn, Nickdnz and RC.

TRF Legends are usually former members of staff who for whatever reason have decided that they aren't going to be involved in the day to day running of the forum. The most notable include Teh Mite, CA Iversen, An Tarbh and Steve-o.

There are other mods who only have jurisdiction over certain sub forums. An example is best_fullback who is a mod for the Universtas Rugbeia.

That's about the long and short of it I guess.

Does it matter, they all post well not power mad, let the banter flow and serious discussion aswell, all in all they all see to do a good job, i am impressed with how this forum is run and i for one is really enjoying myself here.

Edit, i know the basic rule of moderating and admin as have owned my own forum and moderated on one or two as well.

Awww, thanks :p

Right the Hierarchy works like this:

Owners - Dan (TRF_Saints), Chris (Teh_Mite) and Myself (TRF_Getofmeland) - we all own a stake in the forum and look after the financial side of the forum, as well as advertising, and links to other sites.

Administrators - These guys are the people who look after the admin and technical side of the forum as well assisting with the moderating and decision making where possible

Super Moderators - These guys moderate and assist in the decision making for the forum

TRF Legends - Ex Staff, who still have an input into the forum.

It was foretold in the long-distant past that I would be part of a Triumvirate known as the TRF Overlords, consisting of myself, RC & Sir Speedy - who would rule this forum with an iron fist. As most people now reading this will not know who I'm referring to shows how far back into the mists of time this goes.

Anyone know if RC is still in Queenstown, or has he been deported back to Wales yet? If he is still in Queenstown I might have to hunt him down when I go there for a conference in a couple of weeks.

Just had a quick look at his profile - his last activity was on 11/11/11........

He's in the land of sheep lovers now.

Hmm, doesn't really narrow it down does it :p

Yeah he landed back in God's country a few weeks back according to my Facebook newsfeed.

I'm but a mere peasant. Someday I will have totalitarian control over this forum...I will employ grunts to do my bidding and mess up anyone who does not worship Sir Sean.

I'm but a mere peasant. Someday I will have totalitarian control over this forum...I will employ grunts to do my bidding and mess up anyone who does not worship Sir Sean.
LN7 is actually in control of the whole show, and has employed us as part of a grand charade to distract everyone.
You didn't hear it from me though.

Draggs Released too much information...

Meanwhile outside his home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pah, that's not that far back.

Is it just me that misses Loratadine in an odd little way? I loved his enthusiasm towards Welsh rugby, everybody's much to pragmatic nowerdays. I'm sure Mite doesn't mind you....

I do wish RC, Speedy and An Tarbh would return, miss those guys. Didn't get to know Gay Guy all that much.

Leading an uprising of the proleteriat? ;)

Latest posts