• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Food!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
suphra.jpg
[/b]

Is that an egg in the middle of that pizza-esque food or am i just dreaming up wonderful ideas?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 10 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that an egg in the middle of that pizza-esque food or am i just dreaming up wonderful ideas?
[/b][/quote]

Yes its an egg put above the chees which is "roasted" along with fresh raw dough in the beginning

Actually not pizza, Georgian bakery takes pride of this amazing Khachapuri (the name of this food) that is more traditional, with deep roots in our past than exotic thing ;) :D ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Oct 10 2008, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We don't have a Homer Simpson Drooling smiley.

Steak and chips:

1 steak - sirloin of course
1 spring onion, chopped
oil, soy sauce, butter, peppercorns
oven chips

Pour a bit of olive oil and soy sauce on to a plate for your marinade - splash the steak around, both sides. Crush pepper corns and press them on to the top side of the steak and let it sit while the oven warms up. The soy gives you plenty of salt.

Shove oven chips in to oven, and put heavy saucepan on high heat for five minutes.

Smack steak in to pan, pepper side up, for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat to medium and flip steak over for 2 minutes. Add some water to the marinade (or wine).

Take steak out and pour the marinade in to pan so it sizzles. Stir with wooden spoon to mix up the burnt bits, turn heat to low and chuck in spring onion. Wait a minute, till you smell the onionyness, and turn off heat. Melt a knob of butter in to the sauce, then pour it over the steak and serve with crispy chips.

The more steaks, the more marinade and water and onions - to make enough sauce.

Some of my favourites, in pictures from turkey..

Pide, with egg
pide.jpg

Tavuk Doner (chicken doner meat in bread)
ParisIstanbulAnkara086.jpg

Iskender Kebap (lamb doner meat with a tomato sauce)
300px-Iskender_kebap.jpg

Kofte (meatballs served on boiled rice with a doughy bread or by itself with something else)
sis_kofte.jpg

The 'lamb' we have here tastes rank. I never eat it, it looks, smells and tastes awful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Oct 10 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 10 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yes its an egg put above the chees which is "roasted" along with fresh raw dough in the beginning

Actually not pizza, Georgian bakery takes pride of this amazing Khachapuri (the name of this food) that is more traditional, with deep roots in our past than exotic thing ;) :D ;)
[/b][/quote]

That sounds amazing!
I'm going to Georgia just to try it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 10 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Oct 10 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 10 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

That sounds amazing!
I'm going to Georgia just to try it!
[/b][/quote]

I'm willing to bet that it's possible to just get the recipe off the internet somewhere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 11 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 10 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Oct 10 2008, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm willing to bet that it's possible to just get the recipe off the internet somewhere.[/b]
Us Welsh can't cook. Chinese and Indian takeaways ftw!

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, trust us, its easier if i pay to get a flight to Georgia.
[/b][/quote]

It is not surpise if Turkey cooks like Georgians do, we are close together and have very tight contacts including cutural

RC I would like to send you that food by UPS or other express but cold is not tasy

So come in Georgia and I will host you and everybody with warm welcome :cheers: ;)

And not only Acharuli Khachapuri is waiting for you ;) ;) ;)

This is what Cevapi was in Bosnia.

Cevapcici_in_somun.JPG.jpg

Looks suspiciously like a kebab except the man has nicely rolled the strips for you individually...

...one thing I look forward to doing in Japan is...KOREAN BBQ!

korean-bbq-01.jpg

Basically large grill in the middle of the table where you cook a variety of meat, vegetable or seafood recipes from Japan! Basically awesome and was how I (accidentally) eat whale (BARF!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 11 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Basically awesome and was how I (accidentally) eat whale (BARF!)[/b]

Is it possible? Did Peter make a grammatical mistake? It can not be!

Also, going to Japan for Korean Barbecue? If only that would make sense!
While you're in Nippon, you should try some Hello Kitty Bento XD

hello-kitty-bento.jpg

(And pretty please buy me a Japanese copy of the first volume of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)

I'm not taking any extra protein right now.
With no job i have no way of affording to go to the gym so if i take in more protein than i need i will end up converting it and storing it as fat.
Not good!

Latest posts