• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Rugger - TRF pool/League

By the way, did fantasyrugger change the rules again? I noticed they did it once earlier regarding the points it costs you to make a trade, but I was pretty sure initially the rules stated you could only make 3 trades for the whole round robin play, now it states 3 per round. Did I misread that earlier?

This fantasyrugger site is a joke - they've gone and changed the fixtures for round 3 at some point! I had copied and pasted them a while back and now they have changed them. Pretty frustrating given I picked my team thinking Tonga had 2 games this round!

It's one thing having a crap site, another thing changing the rules constantly while the game is being played.

I emailed them and credit to them that they got back to me, but they did in fact confirm they had changed the rules mid-game. Sorry but that is such a dumb thing to do! Its hard enough to keep up with all the squad naming, let alone have to be worried they will change the rules on you mid-game. Big Fail for this site Im afraid!!

The ESPN one is pretty cool though!

Wow, that's a joke.

I can understand why some people don't like ESPN, but to me the simplicity works and poses a new set of challenges.

Wow, that's a joke.

I can understand why some people don't like ESPN, but to me the simplicity works and poses a new set of challenges.

Mmm, pretty frustrating. It's also a really crap site to use. They've had heaps of bugs, as far as I can tell, you can't see the breakdown of the points you scored for the last round, the transfer thing is a joke.

The golden rule though is don't change the rules mid-game - how are you supposed to keep up with that??

anyway, I've got that off my chest now ;)

I quite like the ESPN one. It's simple, clean, user friendly. I think it would have been better with subs though....

Like I said, the ABs have said they will play their best team from here on in. Fekitoa wasn't in for the first game, and if anything SBW has cemented his spot more since then so....

If the ABs are true to their word then the team for Georgia will be the same as for Arg + Naholo who is subject to a fitness test.

Savea? Perhaps, although I personally think he will start and NMS will be out.

uv called it spot on so far.. And the ABS have been true to their word.. Wonder though will Carter and McCaw be rested the next day after getting knocks yesterday

Round 3

2ir911g.png

zt9g2c.png

2hrikw2.png

Surprised I'm still that high up; I fancied an early go using a ton of transfers and thought I'd fall totally out of the bus as it didn't pan out as I'd have hoped.

Looks like ABs2011 has been pushed from top spot. Like you Stormer, I'm surprised I'm as high as I am (which isn't very high, but I've not played that well). No transfers left, so I'll just have to hope for the best. My best position was about 32nd, so if I could get back to that or get beyond it that'd be great!

It occurred to me on Saturday that the day's matches would end my challenge (Midget Throwing Aftershave Drinkers) and I think that this has been the case. 12 points off the lead, but as everyone hones their team for the playoff stages, points will be increasingly difficult to make up.

uv called it spot on so far.. And the ABS have been true to their word.. Wonder though will Carter and McCaw be rested the next day after getting knocks yesterday
Cheers mate, yeah I haven't heard much about this next game, so I expect they will play their full strength side - see the side that ran out against Argentina for a guide. Check out my post in the Tonga ABs thread though as there are some injury updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like ABs2011 has been pushed from top spot. Like you Stormer, I'm surprised I'm as high as I am (which isn't very high, but I've not played that well). No transfers left, so I'll just have to hope for the best. My best position was about 32nd, so if I could get back to that or get beyond it that'd be great!

Yeah, I got over taken on that last round as I didn't have enough transfers to use. Still well in it though :)

- - - Updated - - -

It occurred to me on Saturday that the day's matches would end my challenge (Midget Throwing Aftershave Drinkers) and I think that this has been the case. 12 points off the lead, but as everyone hones their team for the playoff stages, points will be increasingly difficult to make up.

Yup, the knock-out stage should see less swings in rankings, but it could well come down to who has prepared their team best for that stage of the comp. I'm not in great shape in that respect!

- - - Updated - - -
@TobesHodges how to you post that standings update? I'd like to do that for the other TRF fantasy league, but don't know how. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the knock-out stage should see less swings in rankings, but it could well come down to who has prepared their team best for that stage of the comp. I'm not in great shape in that respect!

I know what you mean. I only have one player who won't feature in the next round, but there's a few others who I'd like to get shot, which will be tricky with only 3 subs remaining. I'd rather have it that way than having wasted the opportunity to pick up easy points in one sided matches though.

Well done on your performance so far BTW. There was one day recently when I was feeling smug at the points I had netted from some changes, only to find that you have picked up the same number!

I know what you mean. I only have one player who won't feature in the next round, but there's a few others who I'd like to get shot, which will be tricky with only 3 subs remaining. I'd rather have it that way than having wasted the opportunity to pick up easy points in one sided matches though.

Well done on your performance so far BTW. There was one day recently when I was feeling smug at the points I had netted from some changes, only to find that you have picked up the same number!

Cheers mate. Yeah there is some tactics to it for sure, but there's a lot of luck involved obviously. I got pretty lucky on a couple guys that I don't really follow to be honest - Gareth Davies springs to mind. I got 4 transfers left, but a couple fullahs who won't play knock-outs. There's a few games this week that people with transfers available might be able to make up some points too - i.e. England v Uruguay, Fiji v Uruguay but those players will need to be subbed out too so....

I'd say top 10 are still well in it, and without knowing how many transfers people have, perhaps even more.

Edit: you are still well in it. If you can just get lucky with just one player you will make up the difference. Just need that winger that no-one else has to score a hat-trick:)

Last edited:
Finally caught Abs2011... Long way to go yet. I think the game will change in the knock outs with the games being tighter and as the teams reduce.

Finally caught Abs2011... Long way to go yet. I think the game will change in the knock outs with the games being tighter and as the teams reduce.

Gidday! Yeah well done! For sure, a long way to go and certainly very tight, particularly the top 4.

How many transfers do you have left? I'm down to 4 now!

@TobesHodges how to you post that standings update? I'd like to do that for the other TRF fantasy league, but don't know how. Cheers.

I use a Mac to do it, if you have a Mac:-
Hit SHIFT + CMD + 4, then I scroll over in the screen save the pic.
I use Tinypic because I'm signed up and they have a message board setting. There's Imugr and photo bucket also.
On a PC you can just screen pic and cut the image out, I'd recommend Tinypic as your uploader.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Mac to do it, if you have a Mac:-
Hit SHIFT + CMD + 4, then I scroll over in the screen save the pic.
I use Tinypic because I'm signed up and they have a message board setting. There's Imugr and photo bucket also.
On a PC you can just screen pic and cut the image out, I'd recommend Tinypic as your uploader.

Cheers mate, I'll given it a try.

Updated standings for fantasyrugger.co after round 3 (sorry, stupid fantasyrugger webiste only allows me to post top 7 in one screen-shot):

bijrqb.jpg

My last roll of the dice for this round....Bokke!

It worked to an extent...all pretty close at the top of the table. How many transfers do you guys have? I'm down to my last one, but not looking in bad shape for the knock out rounds.

Latest posts