• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exclusive - Rugby World Cup 2011 Achievements

I just played my first game and picked up 9 achievements lol i looked up two of them.

achievements

some achievements on this game are unreal haha. i wasted 2 hours of my life trying to beat new zealand with scotland on hard and eventually did it. im trying to win the world cup with russia on hard and its just not happenin and the place kick shootout is impossible to. hows everyone finding them?

I got the shootout one, but I agree: Winning the WC with Russia just aint happening, I've never even made it out of the groups

Just lost the placekick shootout 31-30 to South Africa, is it easier to do against a shite team?

Not really ... I did it with Wales (lot of kickers in the squad) vs. Russia and won it eventually 17-16 ... you just got to make sure you are perfect and when they make the mistake you don't.

One that bugged me however, I beat France with the USA on hard and the achievement did not unlock, was really gutted when it didn't.

Had a go at the 20minute half New Zealand one, playing as Fiji - got to about 73 mins and was ahead by 6, then they ran in two tries

Bloody annoying :lol:

I've attempted to get the 20 pool stage points 3 times. Managed it once as New Zealand, but the game didn't like it and told me I'd lost one of the games. Annoying.

I won the placekick shootout one eventually, Wales V. Namibia. I had Stephen Jones at hooker and Priestland at 8, but still managed it. Took me quite a few attempts as well.

Hidden Achievements

Anyone found out what the hidden achievements are yet?

Did "get a red card" within the first half of my first game.

Only managed a yellow so far, only had one red against me too (from a Samoan danger tackle - typical :p)
Is the 100 matches online or offline?

Boys ... there's a bloody achievement's thread out there. The answers are there. We are trying to stop a host of threads cropping up when there are threads out there for these answers.

I got the shootout one, but I agree: Winning the WC with Russia just aint happening, I've never even made it out of the groups
To win these games you just have to kick to the corners and defend like a ***** trying to cause a knock on for a 5 meter scrum and getting all DG's possible. It's not easy and currently I have to beat Australia or possibly draw depending on how Ireland do to get to the quarters with russia. I'd have been through already but leaked a last minute try vs Ireland to draw 7-7

Managed to do the 'beat New Zealand with a team under 80 (20mins halves, on hard)' with Scotland who're rated 79. Tried it was Italy (rated 75) and was 20 - 15 down with 60mins on the clock when my game crashed at a substitution <_< Beat them 36 - 27 as Scotland anyway, hat trick of tries off the scrum with Kelly Brown, 2 Drop Goals with Ruaridh Jackson and another 3 from Dan Parks when I brought him on :D

I've just got the "Minnow no more" achievement but have only managed it using an edited Namibia team. If you can do it without then you are a better man than me.

I edited they Flyhalf's kicking, goal kicking and kicking strength stats up and edited the second rows line out stat up very high. I also gave the wingers a bit more pace which was a waste of time. Kept the overall rating at 59.

You can't win a single ruck in open play so I just kicked for touch all the time. Make sure the ball makes touch as any team can skin you in open play. The only ball you can guarantee is off scrums and line outs so I just go into the pocket every time and kick for touch. I tried to kick it into touch within the opponents 22 as they will throw to the front at the line out nine times out of ten so I could nick the ball with my new super second rows and drop back in the pocket and try a drop goal or try and get a penalty.

That and just a LOT of frantic defence! I stayed in kick defence all the time to try and make sure the computers amazing kicking was at least hampered.

My fly half finished as as my highest scorer with a massive 24 points!

On the way to the way I beat South Africa, France, England, Australia so I luckily avoided New Zealand.

It was pretty tedious and still involved lots of swearing and turning the console off before the end of games I was losing so it wouldn't count as a loss (should have just turned auto saving off).

I'd love to know how to do it without editing the teams

Bear in mind the trophy is for winning the World Cup FINAL on hard- I've got through to a final against Ireland as Russia playing the pool stages, quater and semi-finals on easy, which was still relatively tricky when I was drawn with New Zealand in the Semis, but I managed it without tat much difficulty, meaning I've only got to try the final on hard now. Should be alright.

I got it with an unedited Russia I used the same tactics but I also tried to force 5 meter scrums which is almost a garunteed try I beat USA 8-3, Italy 9-0, drew 7-7 to Ireland, beat Australia 3-0, SA 17-14, NZ 14-3 and France 7-0. It's extremely boring using those tactics though.

I think the best way is just to change your second row's lineout stat to max. If you don't you'll lose every lineout and probably lose. I played all the way to the final on easy then changed it to hard.

Has anyone got the beat New Zealand achievement yet without editing?
At one point that achievement was 20 minutes on hard without conceding a point. Clearly we changed that as it was impossible.

We have earned the achievement legitimately once, it was a challenge.

Latest posts