• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

So Manu out.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

We don't even know whether it's serious yet ...

So Manu and Youngs both out.
Ben moon and jordan olowofella called up...why them this close to the world cup... ben moon is a good club player but why not hepburn? And olowofella isnt experienced enough to make it to the wc

Ben moon and jordan olowofella called up...why them this close to the world cup... ben moon is a good club player but why not hepburn? And olowofella isnt experienced enough to make it to the wc

Im a Tigers fan and even with my tinted glasses on im rather perplexed at Jordan getting called up.

This is where fans are losing patience, because the call ups don't make sense and we still lose, so in no way are they justified. If the AI's go badly then there has to be serious question marks about Jones because he seems to be persisting with his style regardless of outcome.

This is where fans are losing patience, because the call ups don't make sense and we still lose, so in no way are they justified. If the AI's go badly then there has to be serious question marks about Jones because he seems to be persisting with his style regardless of outcome.
See if we were winning and had a good winning streak of convincing wins amd had a core team of nailed down positions then i like the style of giving over looked guys a shot as they could surprise you in camp especially with olowafella, he has alot of potential but prob is one for post world cup. We have no winning streak, no idea who our first 15 are, we pin our hopes on injury prone players and then jones has the stupidity to call up players that have no realistic chance of playing.

Are we giving olowafella a chance as we think Watson and JJ will come back and save the day. That genge will come back in place of ben moon. Mercer over simmonds is a stupid one for me pre world cup

I think that's a valid point @Reiser99

If the AIs go badly, a year is more than enough to bed in a new coach and new ideas before the World Cup. Esp if that first year is anything like EJs first year. I think he's alienating England fans with his odd choices, his lack of planning in problem positions even though we have options there, and sticking with the old guard when its clear they no longer work.

Not going to happen really, EJs know Japan well enough, and hopefully can create similar results to his first year. We can still pick a good 23 despite omissions. The only way he goes before the WC is if he loses the dressing room, but I don't think that's going to happen OR if it does it will be during the WC :(

The only way he goes before the WC is if he loses the dressing room

I think he already has, at least partially. And what appears blindingly obvious to us will be magnified many times over to the players. Whether there are big enough characters in the squad to challenge Jones is another matter - we don't have many Johnsons , Dayglos or Leonards. Hartley will have a massive part to play, way beyond clean striking and good arrows.

Jones has a great record of short term impact. But far less clever in a turnaround situation of the type he now faces.

RWCs have assumed disproportionate importance, but that's the way it is and the yardstick coaches are judged by. If the AIs underwhelm, what are the grounds for thinking that Jones can improve the team by Japan? I want Jones to succeed, but I have serious doubts and if all the evidence is to the contrary then the RFU must be prepared to act. As Olyy says the timing would be lousy, but surely to better to take action than to fiddle while Rome burns. The AIs will determine if the Italian capital is ablaze.

Yeah Hartley returning is a big boost.

Seems weird to say considering how much we all wanted him out and George in, but we looked significantly more brainless without Hartley on the pitch. For all his bad aspects he's a good captain and the best on pitch leader we have by a long shot.

Fearns has such a big mouth considering he has been whining about not be able to play for england since he rejected Gloucester at the last minute.

Yeah - Fearns comes across as a sour w@nker. I understood where he was coming from re. the Sam Burgess situation but since then he's put himself in self imposed exile, screwed over Gloucester and then complained it's everyone else's fault.

His grammar is awful too ... it's 'should have' not 'should of' ...

Latest posts