• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Disapointment, sadness, & bad play

S

smb64

I have just finished watching England, Ireland, - Ireland probably diserved to win. However. England had a great chance to snatch back a victory at the end, 80 minutes were up and we were camped in the Irish 22, but instead of using our talented backs (Tait, Flutey, Wilkinson, Monye, and Queto) what do we do? We begin a constant foward battle, pick up and drive, pick up and drive, over and over again, not even making that much ground. Only to Loss the ball. I have nothing against abit of foward advancment, but it needs to be linked up with the backs not the same thing over and over until we get penalised or loes the ball (like on many occasions that match). To much slow ball, and not enough use of our great backs. A missed opportunity.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smb64 @ Feb 27 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have just finished watching England, Ireland, - Ireland probably diserved to win. However. England had a great chance to snatch back a victory at the end, 80 minutes were up and we were camped in the Irish 22, but instead of using our talented backs (Tait, Flutey, Wilkinson, Monye, and Queto) what do we do? We begin a constant foward battle, pick up and drive, pick up and drive, over and over again, not even making that much ground. Only to Loss the ball. I have nothing against abit of foward advancment, but it needs to be linked up with the backs not the same thing over and over until we get penalised or loes the ball (like on many occasions that match). To much slow ball, and not enough use of our great backs. A missed opportunity.[/b]
Talented backs... Wilko? Monye? Cueto?

More like Foden (Waterboy) Ashton(a reserve reserve). Care being taken off ?????

Ali it hard to say if ERC rugby is at a higher standard,

Why the hell aren't we playing Ashton instead of Monye, Laws instead of Shaw, and Ben Youngs instead of Care??? And why isn't Foden having a full game, he's by far the better player.

To be fair, Cares been playing generally well this Six Nations.
I'd say put Youngs in instead of Hodgson

Care was god aweful today imo. He faffed around at the bottom of rucks, making slow ball even slower. I know the forwards aren't exactly handing him the ball on a plate, but he really just needs to get it out when it's available. Hodgson had a positive impact on today's game when he came on as he simply got the ball out a bit quicker, whithout taking 10 steps before passing the ball!

I thought Foden was 100 times better than Armitage aswell when he came on.

We also saw today that Haskell is another Powell. Can be great running the ball, but can dissapear completely from a game.

Ultimately, soo glad that England lost. Not because it's England, but because this current team doesn't deserve to be challenging for a Grand Slam!

Lawes instead of Borthwick at least shaw offers you something, agree with all the other choices.Care has a fundamental flaw in his technique. If you watch he takes a step or two before passing from the bottom of rucks, not always but generally when the ball needs to be quick. Its a samll flaw but its a major one. i was pleased to see Ireland win I thought on balance they deserved it. We could have snatched it in the last minute or so but did we deserve it no, only great teams get to do that and to be quite frank this England side is less than mediocre. Foden was exciting when he came on, he will make the od mistake something I think Johnson cant put up with, but he will be a darn site mroe entertaining than Armitage. Everything is so sterile its just dull. You could put the best side out under this management team and you would end up with the same problem a boring unimaginitve team. The sooner that Johnson and co go the better.

Latest posts