• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Custom screen resolution for Rugby 08

Hi could someone change my resolution to 1360 x 768
and one for 1920 x 1080
thankyou

Last edited:
Hi could someone change my resolution to 1366 x 768
Thankyou

hey, can somebody please tell me how can I change my resolution to 1366x768 -I have a 18.5Inch screen but the Max resolution is 1280x1024

Hi all,

To do this yourself in a hex editor, open the .pro file and search for offset 638 (as a decimal) - if your resolution is set to 1024x768, offset 638 (to 641) will be 00 04 00 03 (or you can also instead search for these hex values rather than the offset, provided you have set the resolution to 1024x768 before editing).

now, to change the resolution to 1366x768, change the four values mentioned above to 56 05 00 03.

as other examples:

for 1360x768, change them to 50 05 00 03
for 1920x1080, change them to 80 07 38 04
for 1680x1050, change them to 90 06 1A 04

Enjoy!

hello to everyone there is a tutorial for changing the rugby Resolution 08, I have a pc lenovo G50 intel core i5amd radeon thanks.

Hi, just found this and wanted to make an addition as my screen is 2560 x 1440.
So I went searching and found this:
h t t p s : / / w w w . w s g f . o r g / a r t i c l e / c o m m o n - h e x - v a l u e s
(Remove spaces - only there to beat spam filter?!?)

As these match up with what JJK has listed - you should be able to use it to set any resolution you like.

Cheers!

Hey, every time I try to edit the screen resolution in display settings my game crashes, if I try and load a profile with the hex edited the profile is unloadable. Anybody know a solution for this? I've tried doing both steps in either order and neither works.... I just want decent resolution :'(

Hello, someone know what else usefull thing you can hedit with hex editor and how to do it.
Thanks

I've found a series of videos on youtube about editing the .exe of old FIFA games to enable 16:9 rendering on the PC versions, which are limited to 4:3 resolutions just like Rugby 08. I've tried some of the edits and the "vert-" edit in this video works for R08:

With the edits the gameplay rendering works great but players carrying the ball near the bottom touchline can get cut off and most menus and overlay graphics are stretched horizontally. If anyone else wants to try this I'd heavily recommend backing up your .exe file first as it's very easy to break the .exe. I've used HxD editor to change mine. You will also need to edit your profile file to set a widescreen aspect ratio, as covered in the rest of this thread.

There may be other edits in the other videos from this channel that can fix other widescreen issues, I haven't tested everything.

Untitled2.jpgUntitled.jpg

Hi, Could someone send me the modified file for the 1900x600 resolution because I can't do it, I'm French and I don't understand much English

Hi, Could someone send me the modified file for the 1900x600 resolution because I can't do it, I'm French and I don't understand much English

with this plugin I have a graphics problem when I draw the but

Latest posts