• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Round 5

Well, not every team but here it goes:

Griffons because my first girlfriend's surname was Griffioen
Griquas because they're from Kimberley and she's an ex as well
Sharks because my father-in-law is a Sharks supporter
Golden Lions because I went to see them play with another ex-girlfriend, Cindy
Free State Cheetahs because all women are Cheatahs
Blue Balls... Well, isn't it obvious? ;)

Well, Johann Ackerman announced his team and Jaco Taute is back!

15 Andries Coetzee , 14 Wing Deon Helberg , 13 Lionel Mapoe , 12 Alwyn Hollenbach , 11 Ruan Combrinck , 10 Elton Jantjies , 9 Michael Bondesio , 8 Warren Whiteley , 7 Willie Britz , 6 Cobus Grobbelaar , 5 Franco Van der Merwe , 4 Hendrik Roodt , 3 Jacobie Adriaanse , 2 Callie Visagie , 1 Prop JC Janse van Rensburg (c)

Replacements: , 16 Bandise Maku , 17 CJ Van der Linde , 18 Michael Rhodes , 19 Jaco Kriel , 20 Ross Cronje , 21 Butch James , 22 Jaco Taute

What a tournament of upsets this year in the CC
At least it is entertaining and do not take the previous weekends results as anything for the coming one...

Despite the Sharks losing to Griquas (for a third time in a row in Kimberley) I was very impressed by Brynard Stander, the young loosie who has been better than I expected when coming off the bench. I hope he gets a start in stead of Botes who really needs to take a breather. Sorry Draggs, but Botes has been poor these last few weeks.

Seeing the Lions beat the Bulls at Loftus was unexpected and now we have everything to play for. WP winning in Bloem was unexpected but it makes the competition so much more thrilling. There's only 5 points between the 3 logleaders and the no. 5. Bulls only on 8 points in dead last on the log means they need to step up a gear or face a promotion/relegation match against EP.

No apologies needed, Eze, I'll call a player if he isn't performing.
Jacques will step up when we really need him. He is the flanker we deserve, not what we need.

No need to panic, we have arguably our three worst away games over with.

Well, we played in Cape Town, Pretoria and Kimberley getting 6 points out of it. We only have the Jo'burg Jynx to handle because I see us winning in Bloem against this inconsistent Cheetahs team. WP and Bulls at home should be 9 or 10 points

You'll lose against us. Oh yes you will...

and keep your grubby and fishy hands off Brussouw.

Don't look at us! WP is looking for loosies, we are covered with Daniel, Kanko, Alberts, Deysel, Botes, Coetzee, Stander and Kleinhans.

I will visit any Cheetahs defector here in the WP and castrate him partially and send him back up to Bloem.