TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie Cup Logo.png

Round 5 of the Currie Cup will conclude a long but exciting day of rugby. After the All Blacks take on Los Pumas, the Wallabies host the Springboks. When those matches are concluded, the Currie Cup starts. In Kimberley, the Griquas and Sharks kick off the round in a match that sees the logleaders and the wooden spoon holders. This will not be an easy ride for the Durban team though. In the previous 2 years the Sharks lost when playing in Kimberley and we have to go back to 2009 for the most recent win. In a match where the Sharks scored 7 tries, they beat Griquas 30-45. Will Griquas make it 3 in a row? Or will the Sharks win in Kimberley for the first time in 3 years?

The second match sees the Transvaal rivalry heating up. The Golden Lions travel to Pretoria to take on the Blue Bulls. With only 2 points between them, it's an instant battle for the 4th spot on the log. While a lot of Lions players will leave at the end of the year the current Currie Cup holders will want to prove a point and sneak a win after losing last weekend to Griquas at Ellis Park. The Blue Bulls come off a 42-6 loss at the hands of WP. It's the first time since October 2011 (almost a year) that the Cape Town fans saw a 4-try bonuspoint going the way of their team.

The same WP team will travel to Bloemfontein battered and bruised. Dewaldt Duvenhage is the latest casualty after they already lost Siya Kolisi for the rest of the year. It means Nick Groom will likely take his place and WP will try to win 2 in a row, to stay close to the top spot on the log. The Free State Cheetahs are in 3rd with just 1 point trailing the Cape Town team. If the Cheetahs can played for the full 80 minutes, they might have sneaked in a win at Kings Park last weekend but they gave it all away in the final 20 minutes, losing 34-32 to the Sharks after leading for almost 60 minutes.

The vBookie event for this round will be GWK Griquas - Natal Sharks

Round 5 Fixtures

GWK Griquas.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Natal Sharks.png

GWK Park, Kimberley (14:00 GMT)

Blue Bulls.png
Golden Lions.png

Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria (16:05 GMT)

Free State Cheetahs.png
Western Province.png

Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (18:10 GMT)

Go Griquas! Avenge my Cheetahs.

Looks like another Saturday spent in bliss in front of the tv.

Cheetahs vs W.P should be interesting, can't wait...

Sker, you watch what you're saying! I have the power to shut you up! Sharks to win in Kimberley for the first time in 3 years I tell you!!!

Really glad that the WP combination of Nic Groom and Demetri will have another run at the half-backs.
Seemed to make such a big difference with a half-back pairing that could actually deliver fast and smooth service.

I hope we will see Bosman at 10, Jordaan at 12, Ludik 13 and Viljoen 15. That combo will be a lot better than what we have now.

I already made my picks on Superbru for the weekend, and I won't be able to catch any of the games as I'm in the Kruger Park from Thursday afternoon until Sunday...

I hope my Bulls pitch up for their game. Then the Cheetahs and the Griquas to win their games, just to make the log even more cutthroat.

You'll never silence the truth! *swirls cape dramatically*

Aha! So the S on that red cape stands for "Sker"

Now it all makes sense. Although it's a bit gay to change in a phone booth.

Aha! So the S on that red cape stands for "Sker"

Now it all makes sense. Although it's a bit gay to change in a phone booth.

We don't have them over here in SA so I just change behind a big bush, occasionally swearing when a thorn goes right into my ass.

When I see a bush, I always ask her to shave ;) I am more a fan of the landing strip.

Ah the landing strip...

Just enough but not too much.

tumblr_m9g23lolLB1r8u9u2o2_1280.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_m9g23lolLB1r8u9u2o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m9g23lolLB1r8u9u2o2_1280.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1
Okay! Back to Currie Cup rugby guys hahaha.

Griquas-Sharks
Bulls-Lions
Cheetahs-WP

What are the chances all 3 home sides will win?

The awesome about Currie Cup rugby is that all of those teams have a chance of winning, the Griquas are known to upset the Sharks and they're playing on rock-hard Kimberley. This one I'm not sure about, although if the Griquas win that would be awesome :D

Bulls looked poor against the WP but then again they'll also be looking to bounce back against the Lions.. hmm.. Bulls will win that one I think.

Cheetahs really need to get their **** together, they always fall apart in the last 30 minutes. Hoping for a win or failing that, a new coach next year.

When Griquas play at home, I cannot stop thinking about the phrase: ""Kimberley's dry pitch" haha. Read that once on sarugby.co.za years ago and I can't get it out of my head.

I had a girlfriend Kimberley once, but her pitch wasn't dry ;)

I made an overview of results from the past, as a warm-up for this amazing weekend!

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[tr][td] 2011 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 43-22 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 40-34 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 30-45 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 15-44 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 14-24 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 23-22 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2005 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 27-28 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2004 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 33-24 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2003 [/td][td] Griquas [/td][td] 23-47 [/td][td] Sharks [/td][/tr]
[/table]

[tr][td] 2011 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 27-36 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 24-21 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 19-13 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 27-30 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 25-11 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 17-19 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2005* [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 31-23 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2004* [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 40-33 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2004 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 47-38 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2003 [/td][td] Bulls [/td][td] 52-40 [/td][td] Lions [/td][/tr]
[/table]

* Currie Cup play-offs
** In 2005 there were just 8 matches played by each team, only playing other teams once

[tr][td] 2011 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 28-22 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 11-25 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 33-31 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 17-35 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 45-13 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 28-13 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2004 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 25-29 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] 2003 [/td][td] Cheetahs [/td][td] 36-36 [/td][td] Western Province [/td][/tr]
[/table]

** In 2005 there were just 8 matches played by each team, only playing other teams once

Latest posts