• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

My first ever super over.
It did not disappoint (though the reason I switched over is disappointing)

Cricket is supposed to be bloody relaxing!
That was nuts. Never thought the 2005 Ashes would be surpassed for last over craziness, but that 'off the bat' 6 was something I've never even seen before.
What a game.

This is tense! Cruel 6 in that last over for NZ.

God that law annoys me...

IMO, a ball thrown from the field strikes either batman or their bats ought to be a dead ball.

I'm also old school. I hate penalty shootouts, and golden points. I think this super over is a travesty, it insults the spirit of sport. Either have a draw/tie and be satisfied with that, or have a complete replay.

I remember many years ago the FA Cup had to go to replays three years in a row (1980, 81, 82 IIRC) That's how it should be IMO, not this contrived bollocks to make up a winner when there wasn't one.

Last edited:
That ending was complete and utter bullshit.

A World Cup should not be decided by a single over and should not decided by Stokes lucky 6. FFS.

God that law annoys me...

IMO, a ball thrown from the field strikes either batman or their bats ought to be a dead ball.
Problem is how do you deal with stopping overthrows by deliberetarely throwing to hit batsman?t Hell why should they ve forced to stopped running?

It happens so bloody rarely it's a law that doesnt need touching and is designed to protect players.

Cricket is supposed to be bloody relaxing!
That was nuts. Never thought the 2005 Ashes would be surpassed for last over craziness, but that 'off the bat' 6 was something I've never even seen before.
What a game.
Million to one chances come through 9 times out of 10
file.php

Latest posts