• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] - Things to do when under lockdown

I read Orange Is The New Black, which the TV series was based on a while ago, it was a pretty decent read, although I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't picked it up for 99p on Kindle. From what I remember, there's a fair amount of content about how she coped with incarceration, which might make for interesting reading at the current time.

Speaking of which, the last time I looked on Netflix, the top two trending programmes were Pandemic and Quarantine!

If you like soccer, Australian A League games are being played in empty stadiums and they're streamed on ESPN+.

If you like soccer, Australian A League games are being played in empty stadiums and they're streamed on ESPN+.
Won't last, games already being postponed and with a New Zealand team in the comp they can't really carry on properly because of the travel restrictions

Last edited:
Won't last, games already being postponed and with a New Zealand team in the comp they can't really carry on properly because of the trace restrictions

I don't think it will last either. Global Rapid Rugby cancelled after one week of competition and so did Aussie Rules Football.

Won't last, games already being postponed and with a New Zealand team in the comp they can't really carry on properly because of the travel restrictions

It's one day later and I checked their website, they've decided to postpone too.

Well, I learned one new thing yesterday.
Apparently, it's not funny when you dress up in your medieval festical clothing with a wheelbarrow and a cow bell, calling "Bring out yer dead"

I still disagree with my neighbours

Maccies closing indefinitely from 7pm tomorrow

Coronavirus has gone too far now

I will miss the sausage and egg McMuffins. Was tempted today, but couldn't be arsed to queue through the drive through. Ah well will taste even better when Maccies does return.

Metallica streaming a concert every Monday on their YouTube at 8pm EDT (whatever that is)
Slane castle tonight

Much the same for me, apart from threatening to show my kid what anoxia ins like in practical terms. She has now retaliated by imitating pvs in her bedroom (back to normal). Got the wife to go out and clap for the nhs.... on Tuesday, the curtains twitched all up the street. Pmsl. She is a bit mardy as she works in the power industry and has to work. Keep shouting lookout here comes the grim reaper. Goes down well.

Metallica streaming a concert every Monday on their YouTube at 8pm EDT (whatever that is)
Slane castle tonight
That's cool, I might look into that.

More music-themed Corona activities, my mate is really into a band called Ovlov, their lead singer/guitarist put up an Instagram post saying, basically, "I'm self-isolating in a studio flat, bored as ****, does anyone want a Skype guitar lesson?" So last Sunday my mate had 2 hours on video link with one of his favourite musicians, learning first hand how to play 3 of their songs. Really cool

Well tonight was going to be a big night out for us and BIL as he hits big 6 O .
However we going to pub crawl around our houses with a drink in each room and keep in touch via Zoom.

Not had a drink since Monday so Defo gonna have one this afternoon and this evening. Local fish and chip shop open but takeaway only via Uber Eats.

Did my first home workout this morning - 2.5mile run and then some shoulder/bicep work with my dumbells (to exhaustion each set - basically just trying to recreate my gym workouts but with light dumbbells instead, cause I'm too lazy to write up a new bodyweight one. ****** that they've locked off the caged-football-pitch-thing in my village though. I understand why, but I was banking on the crossbar for doing pullups/chinups :p).
The run almost killed me off (i've not run properly in a long old time) but felt good to get the blood pumping again, it's been best part of a month.

Not had a drink since Monday so Defo gonna have one this afternoon and this evening. Local fish and chip shop open but takeaway only via Uber Eats.

yeah it was wishful thinking on my part. No fish and chip shop is open in my local area.

Latest posts