Confirmation of Exclusive Springboks License

lewis1234

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Waratahs
Hey guys.
Emailed South African Rugby expressing my dismay that the Springboks will not be licensed in Rugby Challenge.
This is his response
"Thank you for your mail and for your obvious passion for South African rugby. HB Studios will shortly be releasing the official Rugby World Cup 2011 game for PC which will feature the current Springboks and all the other RWC finalists (although the identities of the Australia and New Zealand players in that game are fictional characters, rather than real players). Those nations decided to feature their players in the Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES) game you mention. SARU took the decision to feature the Springboks in the forthcoming Rugby World Cup game - which is licensed to the International Rugby Board - for a number of reasons, one of which was to give the gamer the ultimate enjoyment of lifting the biggest prize in rugby.
I hope this answers your question.
Best wishes
Andy Colquhoun
Communications Manager"

Cheers guys, looking forward to both games

Springboks secured in Rugby 2011

After a bunch of people from the Sidhe forum sent emails to SARU about the springbok license we all received this email:

Thank you for your mail and for your obvious passion for South African rugby. HB Studios will shortly be releasing the official Rugby World Cup 2011 game for PC which will feature the current Springboks and all the other RWC finalists (although the identities of the Australia and New Zealand players in that game are fictional characters, rather than real players). Those nations decided to feature their players in the Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES) game you mention. SARU took the decision to feature the Springboks in the forthcoming Rugby World Cup game - which is licensed to the International Rugby Board - for a number of reasons, one of which was to give the gamer the ultimate enjoyment of lifting the biggest prize in rugby.
Best wishes
Andy Colquhoun
Communications Manager

Kind regards

Andrew Louwrens'

I don't know if it's a known fact on TRF, if it is please close the thread.

After a bunch of people from the Sidhe forum sent emails to SARU about the springbok license we all received this email:

Thank you for your mail and for your obvious passion for South African rugby. HB Studios will shortly be releasing the official Rugby World Cup 2011 game for PC which will feature the current Springboks and all the other RWC finalists (although the identities of the Australia and New Zealand players in that game are fictional characters, rather than real players). Those nations decided to feature their players in the Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES) game you mention. SARU took the decision to feature the Springboks in the forthcoming Rugby World Cup game - which is licensed to the International Rugby Board - for a number of reasons, one of which was to give the gamer the ultimate enjoyment of lifting the biggest prize in rugby.
Best wishes
Andy Colquhoun
Communications Manager

Kind regards

Andrew Louwrens'

I don't know if it's a known fact on TRF, if it is please close the thread.

I was aware of it from the Sidhe Forums, but it's not known too well here. I'm sure we can keep this open.

Interesting, at least one game will have them. But 'give the gamer the ultimate enjoyment of lifting the biggest prize in rugby' is a bit wrong since the two top teams won't be in it.

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Since the only teams that are mentioned explicitly as being unlicensed are the All Blacks and Australia, I wonder if HB secured the licenses to all the other finalists.

Last time i checked RWC2011 is only coming out on consoles yet he says that it's coming for the pc?

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Since the only teams that are mentioned explicitly as being unlicensed are the All Blacks and Australia, I wonder if HB secured the licenses to all the other finalists.

Well seeing as theirs only been 5 finalists in RWC History, and Sidhe have NZ and Aus, England and Springboks are confirmed for HB, and in the screenshot the full kit of France was used, I'd assume that France is in HB

hhhmmmmm interesting stuff :p gonna be a big split between the games indeed.

Now then, who has connections with the WRU??? anyone fancy giving them a bell??? hahahaha

Well seeing as theirs only been 5 finalists in RWC History, and Sidhe have NZ and Aus, England and Springboks are confirmed for HB, and in the screenshot the full kit of France was used, I'd assume that France is in HB

Sorry I mean all teams competing in the world cup bar New Zealand and Australia.

hhhmmmmm interesting stuff :p gonna be a big split between the games indeed.

Now then, who has connections with the WRU??? anyone fancy giving them a bell??? hahahaha
I think they're handing out the license to the WRU out on pamphlets.... :D

I read on the Sidhe forum, someone who claims to know someone in IRFU, that a game developer was looking conformation on the images they had received.

All complete hear say so don't quote.

I read on the Sidhe forum, someone who claims to know someone in IRFU, that a game developer was looking conformation on the images they had received.

What does that mean?

Since it has been confirmed; lets see some Springbok screenshots, Please!

Gotta feeling RC did not get Superugby teams licensed, because they (SA Teams) holding out and waiting for HB to make a game for the Clubs. Currie Cup? We will see what happens.

What does that mean?

Sorry should have explained more. Images of Irish players, which I can only presume would be used for creating player likeness; which suggests that one of the games has the rights to IRFU, or even perhaps the Pro12.

Like I said already pure speculation that I read as hear say.

What I hate is the complete schism of licenses... RC has the Wallabies, All Blacks but not Springboks, so they can't make a proper Tri-Nations. And HB can't make a proper World Cup without AB and wallabies.

Some people have taken this well serious ... unreal

Latest posts