• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Colour differentiation, head gears

sigesige00

Bench Player
In the case of colour clash, both should wear 2nd jerseys.
In the England-Fiji game, England were wearing red 2nd jerseys because both 1st are white. However, Fiji should also have worn 2nd black jerseys.
What is the colour of Italia's 2nd? In the France-Italia game, France were wearing 2nd red and Italia were wearing 1st blue.
And the colour of head gears must be same in every team.
In the Wales-Uruguay game, Wales number 7's head gear colour was close to Uruguay's blue.
France's 12 must be a Racing Metro player--his head gear was blue/white hoops. However, in the World Cup, blue/white hoops is Argentina's 1st jersey.

I do not understand why player numbers are not printed on the front. In Football, player numbers are printed on the back of shirts and on the front of shorts. In Asia, numbers are also printed on the front of shirts. In the case of international football, player numbers are always printed on the front, because sponsor logos are prohibited.

Last edited:
Process-Stupid2.png

I think it is better that players have different coloured scrum caps on as it helps identify the different players in rucks. And forcing both teams in to there change tops for clashes will not work as a number of teams that play in blue/black will have a change top that clashes Scotland has a strip clash with Samoa, Italy, USA, Uruguay, France, Namibia and due to playing in navy blue New Zealand and Georgia. With both teams apart from France, Georgia and Namibia who have a red change top clash with both tops.

In the Australia-Uruguay game, Uruguay were in the 2nd kits, despite there was no colour clash. Uruguay should have worn the 1st kits.
In the Ireland-România game, România were in the 2nd kits, despite there was no colour clash. România should have worn the 1st kits.

Those who don't wear scrum caps should have to dye their hair the same colour as well. And beards...... only one side can have them but one in, all in me thinks.

In the Samoa-RSA game, RSA's No 16 was wearing red/white head gear, which is quite similar to Canada or Japan's colours. In international games, head gear colour should be national team's, not players' clubs'.

Last edited:
Was it Haskell? who came on for England against Wales wearing a red scrum cap?
That seemed very silly.
The scrum cap should be any colour other than the predominant colour of the oppositions jersey. Surely thats just common sense.
I was surprised they let him on wearing a scrum cap exactly the same colour as the oppositions jersey.

Was it Haskell? who came on for England against Wales wearing a red scrum cap?
That seemed very silly.
The scrum cap should be any colour other than the predominant colour of the oppositions jersey. Surely thats just common sense.
I was surprised they let him on wearing a scrum cap exactly the same colour as the oppositions jersey.

Yes, there was an England player with a red scrum cap, although not sure of his name. England national team must have 1st and 2nd scrum caps--1st for 1st jersey, 2nd for 2nd jersey.
By the way, what is the 2nd colour of Wales?

I think they should all have flags on the heads to differentiate the two teams..

In the Wales-Fiji game, Wales were wearing 2nd black jersey, despite there was no colour clash. I do not understand why. Every team must wear 1st jersey whenever possible.

In the Wales-Fiji game, Wales were wearing 2nd black jersey, despite there was no colour clash. I do not understand why. Every team must wear 1st jersey whenever possible.
I don't see any problem with teams using there 2nd tops they have them so if they want to use them why not

I think it's ridiculous that players can wear whatever colour boots they want, I saw a player wearing pink boots the same as the referee's shirt and I spent half the game wondering why the ref kept joining the rucks, boots should be the same colour as the players shirt to stop such confusion

I think it's ridiculous that players can wear whatever colour boots they want, I saw a player wearing pink boots the same as the referee's shirt and I spent half the game wondering why the ref kept joining the rucks, boots should be the same colour as the players shirt to stop such confusion

i hope your joking

Too much HEAD in your sentences, mate.

By the way, in the Argentina-Tonga game, there was Diego Maradona in the crowd. He was wearing Puma's cap, despite Argentina's kit supplier is Nike. Does Maradona have any relationship with Puma?

he might do...or he might have just bought it...they do sell them you know

In the QF game between France and Aotearoa/New Zealand, France were in the 2nd kits and Aotearoa/New Zealand were in the 1st kits. Aotearoa/New Zealand should have worn the 2nd kits.:mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts