• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Club Kits

Slider%20768X615_2.jpg

Orange for the away kit - I think I like it?
Will have to wait to see it on the pitch

So in the premiership we have:

Bath - castore
Bristol - oneils
Exeter - samurai
Gloucester - oxen
Harlequins - castore
Tigers - samurai
Newcastle - macron
Saints - macron
Sharks - macron
Sarries - castore

Macron and castore both taking dominance here while both producing poor quality clothing. Also no adidas, no Nike and no Gilbert or Canterbury. That's a shame.

Bath - castore
Bristol - oneils
Exeter - samurai
Gloucester - oxen
Harlequins - castore
Tigers - samurai
Newcastle - macron
Saints - macron
Sharks - macron
Sarries - castore

Macron and castore both taking dominance here while both producing poor quality clothing. Also no adidas, no Nike and no Gilbert or Canterbury. That's a shame.
I don't know some of my Macron stuff has really held up in training. The newer adidas and Canterbury stuff has been trash.

I hate the sizing on macron (and the price) but quality seems decent enough
I've bought various macron shirts over the years; I'm size large on Nike, Adidas etc. Macron? I can be anywhere between size large or even xxl. Doesn't make sense. Seams/stitching is good, patches haven't worn but it's the sizing that lets macron down- particularly if buying online.

Bath - castore
Bristol - oneils
Exeter - samurai
Gloucester - oxen
Harlequins - castore
Tigers - samurai
Newcastle - macron
Saints - macron
Sharks - macron
Sarries - castore

Falcons isn't Macron this season it's VX3

Bath - castore
Bristol - oneils
Exeter - samurai
Gloucester - oxen
Harlequins - castore
Tigers - samurai
Newcastle - macron
Saints - macron
Sharks - macron
Sarries - castore

i also find it interesting when we dont see something like umbro...they only want the england, not trickling down to any of the clubs

Falcons isn't Macron this season it's VX3
I had a look at the VX3 website which is looking more like a local club rugby kind of brand.

What I found odd though was that VX3 are showing as having Bath RFC on their books as well for the training gear. @Which Tyler you any idea on this? One club with two different makes of training kit or an outdated website?

I'm more than happy with the switch over to VX3, the quality of the shirts / merch is excellent and they have a good range.
I had experience with VX3 prior to getting my Falcons shirts as they also supply kit to the Royal Navy rugby teams.

I had a look at the VX3 website which is looking more like a local club rugby kind of brand.

What I found odd though was that VX3 are showing as having Bath RFC on their books as well for the training gear. @Which Tyler you any idea on this? One club with two different makes of training kit or an outdated website?
Bath RFC are the amateur club, based out at Lambridge

Just to add, noy only is the quality good but also the pricing of the merch, by far the cheapest shirts in the league this season.
I wouldn't be surprised that more clubs make the jump to VX3 once their contracts with Castore & Macron come to a end.

Are the badges embroidered or stickers just make to look like they are?

I ordered a couple of what I thought were on offer England polos that turned out to be actual game shirts and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, quite thick hard wearing material with embroidered badges.

Looks like something off temu
More like Wish (but more accurately sized)
I think it's giving the wet-t-shirt competition look without bothering to wet the t-shirt.
Are the badges embroidered or stickers just make to look like they are?
I believe they're embroidered badges that have been glued on. You can see the backing patch to make it more comfortable on the skin.
I've seen some people saying they'd started peeling off already. Went on sale on Saturday morning!

Suffice to say, I've got better things to do with £75

Last edited:
Nasty? Yes
Cheap? Not even remotely, well, not to us anyway.

I've sent the figure of £4 bandied about for the cost of manufacture and transport. No idea how accurate that is, or how it compares to other companies.
£75 to you or me though, for a t-shirt... doesn't scream "cheap"

Latest posts