• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Changes from Rugby 08

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
There's a lot of people saying that RWC11 is just an update of 08, which is true to a point, in the same way that Fifa 12 is an update of Fifa 11. What I'd like to see, to give a more objective view, is a compiled list showing how RWC has improved on its (at least spiritual) predecessors.

Has anyone compiled a list somewhere?

yeah, it's identical to rugby 08 except for the graphics viewing the gameplay video

But then some people on this board said that they would be happy for an update version of 08 with fixes ... people have got this and then turn round and slag it off ... funny world we live in hey?

But then some people on this board said that they would be happy for an update version of 08 with fixes ... people have got this and then turn round and slag it off ... funny world we live in hey?

In 09 probably. Lack of game modes doesn't help the cause.

In 09 probably. Lack of game modes doesn't help the cause.

If you would have been a regular here you would have seen the comments.

Granted lack of modes has not helped, but the game is still enjoyable.

This is true, but that being said the difference is RWC11 has also lost some features (mainly tournaments), so although it does fix some problems, it adds the odd one of its own (in the form of re-playability etc.)

Of course some people will never be happy ;)

If you would have been a regular here you would have seen the comments.

Granted lack of modes has not helped, but the game is still enjoyable.

Enjoyable or not (not sure yet) lack of game modes means we can't use this so called great gameplay to its best potential whereas RC has good gameplay, presentation and game modes. Maybe if this game was a lot cheaper which it will be at the end of this year then I reckon I wouldn't be as worried.

Money isn't an issue it's just I'm a wise spender and spending $100 on a game that will get boring (lack of game modes) isn't wise imo.

You can have the greatest gameplay in the world but without the game modes to use it and the teams it's useless imo. That being said to be fair this game is no NBA 2K11, or Fifa 11 (I don't expect it to be) however I'm just a little disappointed.

Such things as bunching really isn't acceptable (especially because it has featured in the previous Rugby ***les by HB)

Truely shows the lack of care. They know its there - obviously treating the ball/ player as a magnet is easy and they can't be bothered to make changes.

That being said I don't really want to slag off here. Sorry I kind of already have....

Bunching is not an issue, I played the game its only people like yourself who are making an issue out of it.

No point bringing in games such as Fifa and NBA2k series because they have been developed over a number of years and improved on the game the year before. People have yet to realise that this game is the first on the 'next-generation' consoles and is therefore the first in the series ... where as Fifa has had at least 5 years more on a next gen.

Enjoyable or not (not sure yet) lack of game modes means we can't use this so called great gameplay to its best potential whereas RC has good gameplay, presentation and game modes.

That doesn't sit right with me - How does playing 13 seasons of games (200+) together have any effect on the gameplay that playing 200+ games of exhibition doesn't?

I'd love for RWC to have the game modes that RC has, and I'm very glad that RC is coming out to bring those to the gaming masses, but being able to experience the gameplay isn't a reason behind it...

That doesn't sit right with me - How does playing 13 seasons of games (200+) together have any effect on the gameplay that playing 200+ games of exhibition doesn't?

I'd love for RWC to have the game modes that RC has, and I'm very glad that RC is coming out to bring those to the gaming masses, but being able to experience the gameplay isn't a reason behind it...

Playing against many different teams thus styles of plays. Different players etc.

Then you have the development side of the Franchise mode (developing your team to success) You don't want to be playing this sort of thing with rubbish gameplay. However we won't have to, RC gameplay looks awesome. Not sure which will be best yet but presentation wise we all know who wins. Both games have pros and cons.

I still think 20 sides is enough to get a good measure of the gameplay in RWC

Money isn't an issue it's just I'm a wise spender

If that's the case then it's wisdom from one perspective, your own. It's the one that's right to you.

Personally I think the wisest people right now are interested in game-play, good game-play and aren't pre-judging either ***le in that regard until testing them both.

Still that's my personal perspective and it's no more right than you, or anyone else.

Are the skills still true to these "made up players"?
Yes,
I gave the following examples in the "hands on" thread:

New Zealand:
Capatain = Openside flanker (rated 92)
Flyhalf = Rated 96 (highest in the game, I think)

Australia:
Captain = Blindside flanker
Kicker = No. 14

They're the same teams as in real life, they just look nothing like them - all the attributes are there

how bout we just wait for the demo before makin up our minds

I know what you mean, but even then, your playing one demo. It will give a good indicator, but it's on easy and the AI will be pretty crap on it.

Maybe RC could release a demo and then both would be comparable? That's not happening, so I guess we have to wait until RC is out to compare. :)

Yes,
I gave the following examples in the "hands on" thread:

New Zealand:
Capatain = Openside flanker (rated 92)
Flyhalf = Rated 96 (highest in the game, I think)

Australia:
Captain = Blindside flanker
Kicker = No. 14

They're the same teams as in real life, they just look nothing like them - all the attributes are there

I hope I can write down all the stats for the likes of the Carter replacement and then choose whatever player in the team most looks like Carter, and alter everything, stats, height, weight, position etc etc and then make him the new Carter.

That sounds like the only way around it.

I know what you mean, but even then, your playing one demo. It will give a good indicator, but it's on easy and the AI will be pretty crap on it.

Maybe RC could release a demo and then both would be comparable? That's not happening, so I guess we have to wait until RC is out to compare. :)

The demo is on easy???

*sigh* people won't get the true picture of how smart the AI is.

yea, well im probs gettin it anyways aswell as RC, just kind of crappy we cant get a good feel for both before buyin unless we rent them out

where I say that?
I said from the first screenshots that looked identical to Rugby 08 except for the graphics and you always answered that I had to play it first. You can't defend this game forever, we had proof that this game will be rugby 08 with "next-gen" graphics and with 50 teams in less.

what a pity