• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Semi Final - Racing 92 v Munster

Can the ref not just let play continue with a pass like that, and then check it? Massive wind out of the sails there.

If only Munster had taken those two easy 3's in the first half!

We could have won this, with this kind of performance across 80 minutes. Our first 30 has been awful for the last couple of months. Desperately needs to be addressed for next season, or sooner if we want to get anything out of the Pro14 this year. Which I'm doubtful of at this point. Leinster will probably hammer us in the semis.

Poor weekend for this comp. No real contest in either game. Toulon should have been in this game.

Munster showed some mettle in the end (when I don't think Racing cared) but it felt a little bit like schoolboys playing for the the pride of their mothers.

Score flatters us and I'm very dissapointment. Respect the fight back but no respect for the inaccurate inexcusable performance. They'll always my team and I'd back them to the hilt though. Looked poorly prepared, inaccurate and above all so, so tired. It's a long season, but Racing are a heavier team and approaching the breakdown with low energy is awful. So many players poor, but we'll be back. This is our ceiling for the last few years, but the foundations are there.
All my support will be behind Leinster for the final. I'd love to see them do it and bring the Heino back where it belongs in Ireland.

Must also say fair play Racing. You played very well and well mastered the heat.
Best of luck to both teams in final.

Jaysus that was a depressing game to watch from my somewhat neutral perspective. I wanted Munster to win without caring if they lost so to speak. (As I imagine all Munster fans of decent stock felt yesterday about Ster)

The first half was absolutely dire from a Munster perspective, go back 12 months to Leinster's 1st 20 in Lyon, make it twice as bad and that's what you get. Then, in complete contrast to yesterday, when Racing had the game all but won they stopped playing, no twisting the knife, no impetuous and no ambition after Machenaud's last penalty and it still took Munster an age to score. Bad day at the office for Munster and it couldn't have gone worse for them against a team with a pretty bad attitude in my opinion.

I'll kiss @big ginger 8 's hairy lower back if Leinster lose in three weeks. The 12th of May is as good as a procession with Toulouse waiting for us at the finish line to greet us as their equal, our pack and centres will be far too much for Racing.

Yes just before RWC next year

That's ideal, 3rd best hooker in the country right now after Best and Cronin and he made a big difference today, we have a decent bit of depth there all of a sudden.

Yeah all congratulations to Racing. Class above us and their own performances to date in the comp this year.

@Alpha he would probably be better with Cronin. As in both are dynamic and would compliment eachother. Can't see Best lasting too much more either. Hopefully he gets to RWC.
As for today I want to add credit to JP Doyl3 and his officials. They were very good, fair and communication was spot on

We're crying out for a quality 10. Keatley has another mare, his replacement comes on and plays just as bad... Just one of many problems today but still, I've never felt that we'd win a Heino Cup with Keats guiding us and that belief has only been vindicated today. Not sure if Tyler is the answer either. He's always looked great against poor teams but choked when it matters.

Maybe I'm just drunk and p1ssed off but mehhh... I miss the days of having a truly quality out half.