• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best RWC try

can we stop the patronising behavior to people my age this is nt the only forum where such behaviour of people maybe not that much older is rife, its unnessasary.

Kirwans try against the italians in 1987 is the best but i would have thought lomu running over the top of the english (i can't remember who it was he ran over) in 1995 would make at least the top five. :wacko:

<div class='quotemain'>
can we stop the patronising behavior to people my age this is nt the only forum where such behaviour of people maybe not that much older is rife, its unnessasary.
[/b]

The problem is the people that talk about rugby and are like Newman.
You sound like this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=srD1UKmeX7I
[/b][/quote]

hmm... not quite, u want another guess??

as a personal favourite i neva grow tired of watchin THAT norman ligari try for fiji in 2003, it just oozed everthing, suprise, pace and just pure fluke!

The best rugby world cup try was Jonah's 1995 try against England. Noone else in world rugby could do that

my all time favourite is the sterling mortlock intercept pass in the 2003 semi final.

best of the best :
Serge Blanco vs Australia 1987 - great passing by the French, switching sides, Blanco holds off Lawton to just score in the corner

My personal favorite will always be Mortlock's interception in 2003. That try was absolutely epic.

World Cup 1995

Semifinal NZ vs England Jonah Lomu's try where he ran over Mike Catt deserves to be in the top 5.

These two tries will have to be in the top 5:

John Kirwans (NZ) solo run through the Italy defence 1987, straight from kick up, pure pace, great swerves and great vision. I remember seeing this live, and thought I had just seen the best solo try ever.

Jonah Lomu (NZ) against England 1995, the power and pace of the man, to brush off Tony Underwood with ease then run over Mike Catt, was an awesome moment.

My thoughts :

1. France â€" Australie : Serge Blanco.
All have been said about this one…a little disordered but great passing and what intensity.

2. NZ-Italy : Kirwan
I must admit, he’s better than Blanco’s one but… the context was not the same. Italy is (was ?) easy and a semi final against Australia, in the last minutes of the match, it’s something else.

3. Fidji-France: Cauconibuca.
Unbelievable run… makes Rougerie look like a fool.

4. NZ â€" England: Jonah Lomu (the “mike cattâ€s one, lol)
Not the most stylish but what power. I thought it was Gulliver with the ball…

5. Philippe Bernat-Salles for France, against Argentina. (1998, world cup quarter final)
I’d want to put a try that not everyone will name. If you can view it, you’ll see, amazing try, great passing…

My friend Galota, mentioned the double scissors try y Teran during the Pumas wallabies pool game in 1991.

Here I found a video of that game highlights and besides remambering greats like Campo, Horan little, Farr-Jones, ect; we can see that brilliant try by the Argentian winger.

Note John Eales playin as nro. 8 , and haw he opens the gap for Teran to score. enjoy:

Aus Arg

Kirwans try against the italians in 1987 is the best but i would have thought lomu running over the top of the english (i can't remember who it was he ran over) in 1995 would make at least the top five. :wacko: [/b]

For me too the best is John Kirwan against the whole Italy.

Luca