• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best No.8 ?

yup...he kind of always reminded me of the glory days of Rome. He looks like a mighty centurion out there :)
and those CLAWS he's got, when they close down and you're locked, there's no way out with this guy ! Fantastic defender.
Ehemmm... Excuse me but Sergio Parisse is an ARGENTINE player, he was formed as player in Universitario de La Plata, then he adopts the italian citizen and play for Italy. By the way is an Italian tradition to steal players from other countries, especially Argentina to form their side. Diego Dominguez is another great example ...

Last edited:
Sergio's family is Italian. He regularly went back there and spoke Italian. Being born somewhere does not mean you support them.

Ehemmm... Excuse me but Sergio Parisse is an ARGENTINE player, he was formed as player in Universitario de La Plata, then he adopts the italian citizen and play for Italy. By the way is an Italian tradition to steal players from other countries, especially Argentina to form their side. Diego Dominguez is another great example ...

I know that, no worries. But both his first name and last name are 100% Italian (for e.g.), like apparently 90% of Argentina. Castrogiovanni is like that too, and you shouldn't renounce those roots.
I agree it's cheating if a pro sportsman is TRAINED (not "formed", this isn't french or spanish ;)) somewhere and then just sent elsewhere, but Parisse is very much Italian by now - at least culturally.
And since Argentina didn't exist during Antiquity....I'm gonna have to go with Roman Centurion ! :D

3 years ago - Parisse

Now - Read or Lobbe

In 3 years time - Faletau

Sergio's family is Italian. He regularly went back there and spoke Italian. Being born somewhere does not mean you support them.
Not only was born in Argentina, he learned to play rugby here too.

Last edited:
Parisse is without a doubt a class act impresses every time for italy but personally for me it is HENRY Tuilagi and Big Nick Williams as they play the style of rugby that i love to play Straight to the point Big running 3 men needed to stop him.

I think it's between Read and Parisse. Personally, I'd sway more toward Parisse because he plays for Italy and, from what I've seen recently, a backward moving Stade Francais. However, he always looks good. Read, on the other hand, plays for the All Blacks and the Crusaders, two very successful teams. It would be interesting to see them switch positions, as I wonder if Parisse would shine in a team of super stars, and if Read would be as effective without so many great players surrounding him.

I can't comment on Picamoles, because I haven't seen a lot of him. He definitely looked good in that video, but players always do in highlights reels. I'll have a look at a couple of Toulouse's games in the future so I can form a better opinion on him.

Both Players a of great pedigree though i still love the old school number who was basically the enforcer of the team hard nose eats up the meters fearless tackler type though for me ill go with Reid because he still has a few years in him so does Sergio but just because they look good in their respective teams doesn't mean ones better than the other cause both competitions play a different ball game.

Both Players a of great pedigree though i still love the old school number who was basically the enforcer of the team hard nose eats up the meters fearless tackler type though for me ill go with Reid because he still has a few years in him so does Sergio but just because they look good in their respective teams doesn't mean ones better than the other cause both competitions play a different ball game.

As valid as that point may be - some grammar would have made it much easier :)

Latest posts