• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath or "The masochists guide to rugby"

Latest, and last (?) hurdle on the principal of building on the Rec has been cleared by the highest court in the land.

(though I've thought that before, and they've still found ways to hold things up)

Latest, and last (?) hurdle on the principal of building on the Rec has been cleared by the highest court in the land.

(though I've thought that before, and they've still found ways to hold things up)
They need to sort their stadium out. Temporary stands etc. Held them back.

Bath is the ultimate heaven for NIMBY's. I'm an engineer, trust me, many a development proposal has suffered death by NIMBY there.

I'm heading down this weekend to watch the Northampton game. Stopping over on Saturday night so will be heading into Bath for a few drinks after.

Can't wait.

So far as I can tell our injury list this week is:

1. Obano, Boyce, Morozov
3. Stuart
4. Ewels, Williams
5. McNally, W Spencer
6. Ellis
7. Underhill, Cloete
8. Coetzee, Van Velze
9. B Spencer, Green
10. Bailey, Francis
11. Muir
14. McConnochie
15. De Glanville

When year on year we are pretty much consistently having one of the largest injury lists in the league (and frequently failing to perform in game) something needs to be asked about WTF we are doing during training...

When year on year we are pretty much consistently having one of the largest injury lists in the league (and frequently failing to perform in game) something needs to be asked about WTF we are doing during training...
3 different head coaches
3 different heads of S&C
I think 3 different heads of medical services as well, but don't quote me on that one

If anyone was wondering at George Worboy's celebration after landing conversions:

When I was 13-years-old, my brother, Toti, passed away. He was 11. We were best mates and spent so much time together that we annoyed each other so much! We would always be outside playing together in the garden and we were very competitive when it came to sport.

He had a bone condition which meant every time we were too physical with each other, he would break a bone – I stood on his foot one time, it broke his foot. I karate kicked him, that broke his foot. I also fell on him, that broke his femur.

Then from a family sense and a personal side, my brother always wanted to play rugby but was never able to because of his bone condition. It's about doing him proud.
Not many people know but we scattered his ashes on the Rec with Matt Banahan – who was his favourite player – under the boxes, under the posts and we did it in a letter T which is why I always do a T as my celebration.

Last edited:
So apparently we are signing Finn Russell... I don't see how this is going to work well for either party tbh.

I mean for 1 million a year I don't see how it doesn't work out for Russell
If he's happy to accept a large salary in exchange for basically winning nothing as long as he stays at the club then sure. Bath don't benefit though, our problems run much deeper than 10 and, with Russell sucking up a huge chunk of the available funds, that leaves less to fix our actual problems. We have a history of throwing tons of money at some big names rather than putting in the work to get players in positions we really need, and to address the coaching failures.

With Finn coming in what will be Baths strongest 15/23??

Shame they let watson go tbh because they actually have a strong team and a mix of young talent and strong players.

Surely they could start to be a team that competes? And Finn could add that bit of stardust to them.

Latest posts