Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
Friday night on BTSport

Referee: Tom Foley (25th Premiership game)
Assistant Referees: Paul Dix & Jonathan Healy
TMO: Stuart Terheege

Bath:
15. Tom Homer
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Matt Banahn
11. Aled Brew
10. George Ford (c)
9. Kahn Fotuali'i

1. Nathan Catt
2. Tom Dunn
3. Henry Thomas
4. Elliott Stooke
5. Dave Attwood
6. Matt Garvey (c)
7. Tom Ellis
8. Zach Mercer

16. Ross Batty; 17. Nick Auterac; 18. Kane Palma-Newport; 19. Charlie Ewels; 20. Guy Mercer
21. Chris Cook; 22. Adam Hastings; 23. Jeff Williams

13+7 EQP (+ Hastings who is EQP, but Scottish)

Sale:
15. Byron McGuigan
14. Will Addison
13. Sam James
12.Johnny Leota
11. Paolo Odogwu
10. AJ MacGinty
9. Mike Phillips

1. Eifion Lewis-Roberts
2. Neil Briggs
3. Brian Mujati
4. Bryn Evans
5. Jonathan Mills
6. Cameron Neild
7. David Seymour
8. Josh Beaumont (c)

16. Ross Harrison, 17. Halani Aulika, 18. Andrei Ostrikov, 19. Magnus Lund, 20. Laurence Pearce
21. James Mitchell, 22. Dan Mugford, 23. Mike Haley

7+6 EQP

Sorry about the ***le cock-up; didn't notice until I'd already posted - I'm sure a mod will correct; and probably put in a new first post for all the fixtures.

Last edited:
We've got 9 EQP starting (presuming you didn't count Mills or McGuigan)

Correct on both counts - sorry.
For players I don't know, I go with country of origin (by wiki) unless and until they've been captured by someone else. When I know someone's technically EQP I generaly state them as such (eg Hastings is EQP, but Scottish; Hughes is EQP but Fijian).

So call it 7+6 (+2 EQP foreigners) ;)
I mostly keep tabs for another board where knickers sometimes get twisted.

Bristol side to play Newcastle

15. Jordan Williams; 14. Ryan Edwards, 13. Jack Tovey, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. David Lemi; 10. Tusi Pisi, 9. Will Cliff; 1. Kyle Traynor, 2. Ross McMillan, 3. Anthony Perenise, 4. Ben Glynn, 5. Mark Sorenson, 6. Mitch Eadie, 7. Jack Lam (c), 8. Jordan Crane.

Replacements: 16. Max Crumpton, 17. Ryan Bevington, 18. Gaston Cortes, 19. James Phillips, 20. Jon Fisher, 21. Rhodri Williams, 22. Adrian Jarvis, 23. Jack Wallace.

Ben Mosses (knee), Gavin Henson (dead leg), Marc Jones (knee), Callum Sheedy (hamstring), Glen Townson (knee) and Ian Evans (hip) are all unavailable for selection.

Tigers team
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Mathew Tait
11 Tom Brady
10 Owen Williams
9 Jono Kitto
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Greg Bateman
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Harry Thacker
17 Marcos Ayerza
18 Logovi’i Mulipola
19 Mike Fitzgerald
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Jack Roberts
23 Matt Smith

Gloucester side for Exeter:

15. James Hook; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Matt Scott, 12. Billy Twelvetrees, 11. David Halaifonua; 10. Billy Burns, 9. Greig Laidlaw (capt); 1. Paddy McAllister, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. Paul Doran-Jones; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Mariano Galarza; 6. Ross Moriarty, 7. Jacob Rowan, 8. Gareth Evans

Replacements:

16. Motu Matu'u, 17. Yann Thomas, 18. Nicky Thomas, 19. Joe Latta, 20. Matt Kvesic, 21. Willi Heinz, 22. Mark Atkinson, 23. Lewis Ludlow

Not sure what's happened to Morgan as he's not on the unavailable list - was one of the better players last week too.
Good to see the centre partnership and Matu'u making the bench (albeit enforced).
But we will miss Afoa and it always depresses me to see Halaifonua anywhere near the side.

Probably in for a hiding.

Sale player catches ball and then foot goes into touch, Sale throw. Sale then don't throw straight and Bath player does nothing wrong, Sale penalty. Sale then kick and Rokoduguni keep the ball in play with some great skill, Sale throw. In the space of 2 minutes we get 3 calls all in favour of Sale that are blatantly wrong, along with numerous cases of crossing and offside. I've never seen such shambolic and one sided refereeing at club level...

To be fair, they were all called by the (same) TJ, not the ref

I hope we're never on tv again.
Glad I'm at work and can't watch this car crash

Leota a very lucky boy

file.php

Last edited:
So Sale awarded another lineout that should easily have been Bath's and right at the end Sale player throws a Bath player off the ball head first into the ground, punches him twice and throws him AGAIN and just gets a yellow. I don't often say this but the refereeing of that game was ****ing disgraceful! Completely one sided.

Im not sure what Sale hoped to achieve, playing the 6 extra minutes, other than give bath
time to score again for try bonus point. Pointless.

I ain't seen it, but jonny's a saint Brew probably kicked his dog or something

Sale then kick and Rokoduguni keep the ball in play with some great skill, Sale throw.

Someone has brought this incident up on another forum I follow. The poster there said that the referee mentioned the ball having crossed the plane of the touchline, so I can only assume that he and the TJ both thought that Roko's feet were off the ground which would indeed mean that the ball was dead. However if this was the case, my understanding is that he would have been in touch when he played the ball, so it should have been a Bath lineout. Thoughts referees?

If you Google Tom Foley, you'll see that he's no stranger to controversy in his 25 AP games so far.

Latest posts