• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Auckland Squad

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 16 2005, 06:53 PM
I remember everyone telling me that Spencer sucked and that the Blues needed Lavea and he "was better" etc.....
<

<

<
The only one who was riding Lavea's arse was Eric...

Virtually everybody else still wanted Spencer.

Ai'i > Lavea anyday of the Week, I still reckon we should try Ben Atiga at Fly Half - we sure as hell cant do anyworse.

And you still havent answered Erics and NZL_Fans inquiry when you going on about how such a great predictor you were and what not - when they proved you posted your "predicted" Lions team an Hour after it had been named...

yeah good point with atinga. in r2005, i used him there for a while, and yes i know theres a diffrence between the game and reality (one being ea cant screw real rugby up) but stats wise, it did work. and i mean, he can play 2nd/5 and fb, which means he must be able to play 5/8.

or at least better than lavea

i dont think auckland has a better center...the switch might give auckland a few more star ratings at 5/8 but there are more cons then pros i think...the loss at center will effect them more even if they gain more at 5/8

hes a **** centre...he aint the best defender around he has incredible attacking ability but occasionally drops the ball or throws the 50/50 offload that turns into a knock on...we have better talent than this in auckland especially in the backline...

i think its time we went back to the good ol' days when we stole players. i think a neigbour will be good. (im looking at you luke!)

People who should be high on the Hit List

- Luke McAlister
- Maybe Nick Williams - although after McDonalds performance for the Maori that wont be much of an issue.

and thats it, the only thing were lacking in ATM is a decent Fly Half, I mean a backline of.

9. Devine
10. McAlister
11. Rocokoko
12. Sam
13. Atiga
14. Howlett
15. Milsy

Is gonna be hard to beat. As well as that Nacewa and Brent Ward have shown that they can match it up with the Big Boys...

Canterbury can beat that backline easily if they get Senio.

9: Senio
10: Carter
11: Ralph / Delasau
12: Mauger
13: Laulala
14: Hamilton
15: MacDonald

With the likes of McIntyre and Blair on the bench and the large possibility of Rico Gear shifting there.

nah we shud get lauaki or tuialii back...rush will be gone after this season...
and drop mcdonald to northland hes hideous

id hav mika at blindside and collins at lock
and have kaino at no.8 and braid at 7

braid has been **** of late.....so might bench him at put kaino at 7..jus 4 a couple games and use him as a impact player

backline id try ward at 1st five..solid in everything but ballhandlings a problem but he prolly wont throw knee high passes and hospital passes like lavea..id try lavea at 12 and gavin williams at 13.

gavin williams is an awesome player like his dad very solid everywhere on the field...i hope he plays for auckland blues next season and we cud move muliaina in the midfield..and gavin at the back that wud be awesome....necewa and koonwaiyou on the wings and howlett at fullback

9.devine
10.ward
11.koonwaiyou
12.lavea
13.gavin williams(when he played for otago he reminded me of conrad smith...conrad smith is the most deceptive player in the abs and auckland can use a guy similar)
14.necewa or baby howlett
15.howlett-has slowed down heaps much more of a worker and wud be great at centre if need be but hes safe at the back..counter attacking still good..average kicking game but his scrambling defense is quite outstanding **** im sounding like graham henry haha

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 17 2005, 01:10 PM
Canterbury can beat that backline easily if they get Senio.

9: Senio
10: Carter
11: Ralph / Delasau
12: Mauger
13: Laulala
14: Hamilton
15: MacDonald

With the likes of McIntyre and Blair on the bench and the large possibility of Rico Gear shifting there.
Lol...

Only at 9 and 10... possibly 13 although Atiga definatly has more natural athlectism

You telling me f***ing Caleb Ralph and Scott Hamilton are a better Wing Combo then Joe Rocokoko and Doug Howlett? You need to lay off that Floor Cleaner and go for something weaker like Low Grade Rat Poison.

Yes howletts cover on defence is awesome...Has he really slowed down alot though thats a shame if so.

FFRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK that dude should be an ALL BLACK its a sahme class players drop of a bit,i really thought him and rokocoko would be the pair untill 1 of them retired.

he hasnt dropped his form its other guys just steppin up..roko,gear and sivi...

he is still a topclass player....he has lost a little bit of speed but his work from the wing has improved greatly....he has been molded into a fullback i think..

So Far, so good, 20 points to 3, Brent Ward has really stepped up his goal kicking, why that Loser Lam doesnt mind letting an Unproven Kaino start, but when he becomes an All Black, he relegates him to the bench is beyond me.

Please post a ful game review if you coul of your version on players who are stepping up or deserve an ALL BLACK spot.

howlett is still class!

lavea however doesnt have a solid kicking game or passing game how he is the best 1st five auckland has is a mystery

nacewa is awesome anywhere u put him...fullback wing or centre..hell put him in as prop and he wud give it 100%..lol

auckland victorius in a game they shouldve thrashed the north harbour team lol and lomu makes a pretty scary waterboy...

auckland has unearthed two new young guns in halfback moa and the other lock with the freakin long hair..both tongan mongrels...brad mika is playin well and i like to see sammy the muss return...

Yea Nacewa was spose to play for Fiji this yr but im not sure what happened...I remember watching him last yr i think it was during the npc and i thought it was Doug Howlett.

I think nacewas plane got delayed or something like that. Nacewa isn't too bad at all and can play anywhere it seems.defintely looks like some good young guys coming through in haiu and mola. I think tui might be injured not totally sure. Howlett looked good some nice runs and nice chip kicks.

bloody pat lam! look:

heres pat lams fowards minus the frount row:

4:mika
5:haiu
6:collins
7:braid
8:macdonald

no kaino!!!

heres what it should look like:

4:macdonald
5:mika/haiu
6:collins
7:braid
8:kaino

kaino will be in the end of year touring team, and he doesnt even get on the auckland 15!!! if collins wasnt captain, then he would be on the bench instead of kaino. and macdonald is in exceptianal form, one of the standouts of the year.

Latest posts