• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentinian Rugby

Good trolling of the Argentine union and their selection policy by World Rugby with this video.

I think that is really poor by World Rugby.

As soon as his contract end they are going to offer a short contract into jags so he can play. Then he will go away after WC im sure xD

Really? I don't know if I like that. Truth is Ledesma has proven himself as a scrum coach, not so much as a HC. At least he has been around Michael Cheika enough time.

I feel the same way about Perez.

Really? I don't know if I like that. Truth is Ledesma has proven himself as a scrum coach, not so much as a HC. At least he has been around Michael Cheika enough time.

I feel the same way about Perez.

No. I don't think the leap from Forwards coach to HC is one any team should be making, let alone the Jaguares who are going to impact on international performances and decide if South America is involved in Super Rugby. No pressure! :D

Well, let us all remember Santiago Phelan, someone with cero experience who did achieve comfortable mediocrety for a number of years. Maybe Ledesma can be that. Maybe our scrum will finally come back as number 1 in international rugby.

IF Ledesma comes with good ideas and erases some players then we might have a better year.

at least they could hire some advisor in terms of organization logistics, its nesesary. in terms of the game it might help

Agreed, but are you really surprised? The people running the show couldn't organize a **** up at a brewery.

A decent first try for Hindu and an enthusiastic crowd having fun.

The person with the hooter needs to be hunted down though!

Hypothetical: if you could go back in time and instead of joining Super Rugby they offered the Jaguares (and another team) to join the PRO 12 (like the Cheetah's and Kings will do next season), would you go for that instead of Super Rugby? Why/why not? I'm curious.

Pro:

- Argentine by default like Europe. They can take their families there.
- Short travel between away matches.
- More players would be tempted to play in the franchise
- More revenue and away matches at normal hs

Cons
- League level is below SR

So basically yes, i would prefer P12 every day over this. If were UAR i ll start proving for 2019 to join that.

Truly, the nacional has always been poorly organized, ever since I was a kid it was a shadow of what it shoulda been. That's argentinian rugby for you.

Well, I have to say that it's no surprise Hindú just won. Amazing team, they always do stuff worth watching, exept in their finals, all the finals I've watched from them were awful.

About Pro D12/ SR:

-The main point of SR is not to prove Argentina is in fact a Tier 1 nation, but rather show Argentina can produce SR players consistently: that has been shown. SR has validated a very long effort by UAR, which is PladAR. From the first generation of pladars like Landajo, then Matera, Montero and so on till Ezcurra, Delguy and etc, pladar and the people who work there have shown their structure is functional and world class. That is huge in itself.

Still, so much to learn to be on the same grounds as England or NZ.

-Apart from that, yes, pro D12 is a more gradual step for the Jaguares, but I think they would outgrown it too fast: Jaguares is basically Argentina with some changes. I'm sorry, but Pro D12 is not enough of a league for a team like that.

Cheers

Would you rate Jaguares above, say, Munster or Leinster?

If you compare them against Jaguares player vs player, you might be inclined to favour us, but when i see them play i'd say we are clearly a step below. Maybe not as flashy with ball in hand but 10x more organized and a lower number of silly/unforced errors.
I mean, both Munster and Leinster won their groups in the Euro Rugby Champions cup.

I agree with pretty much FNS said. I think we could have learned from PRO 12 a lot too, and it would have kept both the players and audience motivated. Don't think we would have won it, but we would have top 4.

Of course I think Jaguares is better than Leinster and Munster, with all due respect. Saying the contrary would be like saying the pumas are worse than Leinster and Munster after we just got 4th place in the World Cup by defeating Ireland.

Sorry, there's a limit to the self-hate/under apretiation I can take. Could Munster/ Leinster/ etc defeat Jaguares on a good day? Sure. They are elite teams, world class. Do they have their act together much more than Jaguares? Absolutely. That does not mean I rank them above Jaguares.

Latest posts