• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentinian Rugby

Hi Scotty, I see that nobody has posted the results of the URBA FInal! It was one of the best games, or may I say the best game of the year for Hindu - the 2014 URBA Top 14 champion!
They won agaiunst the defending champions CUBA without a thread of doubt - From minute 1 of the game they suffocated CUBA! Scrum try on minute 4 - unthinkable when you are safe to say the CUBA has the best scrum of URBA. Before CUBA could understand what was going on they were trailing 20 -3! They started to gain a bit of confidence, but full of errors and penalties towards the end of the first half and scored a hard worked try at the very end of the half.
During the second half CUBA came a bit more aggressive, still making mistakes but were able to reduce the difference and manage to get to a 4 point difference, but HINDU got back and kept things under control while CUBA continue to make mistakes, now playing against the clock as well as against a HINDU team that continued putting pressure as if it was the first minute of the game. The game ended Hindu 29 - 17 CUBA and Hindu celebrated his 6th championship during the last 9 years!
A game worth to look!
I could not find the full game, but here you have the 2nd half - enjoy it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94h1z1HEs7g

Last edited:
here @MartinS @Conrad Smith @Horacito whats been happening in argentina ?, is there any games on next week ?

Hi Scotty, our season has ended - now we will have a couple of 7 tournaments organized by the different provincial unions and then recess until the pre season which starts in February. Now our "rugby weekends" are watching NH games - Premiership, Top 14 -

here @MartinS @Conrad Smith @Horacito whats been happening in argentina ?, is there any games on next week ?

Yeah, the season continues with the "Campeonato Argentino de Uniones 2014" between: Buenos Aires, Salta, Tucuman, Alto Valle, Rosario and Cordoba

This saturday:

Alto Valle vs Buenos Aires at Marabunta RC
Salta vs Cordoba at Jockey Club de Salta
Tucuman vs Rosario at Tucumán Lawn Tennis

141113025227335245.jpg

:p

Last edited:
Yeah, the season continues with the "Campeonato Argentino de Uniones 2014" between: Buenos Aires, Salta, Tucuman, Alto Valle, Rosario and Cordoba

This saturday:

Alto Valle vs Buenos Aires at Marabunta RC
Salta vs Cordoba at Jockey Club de Salta
Tucuman vs Rosario at Tucumán Lawn Tennis

141113025227335245.jpg

:p

Ups, you are right Horacito - my bad, I forgot about these ones!!:eek:

Actually, I had been thinking lately about writing a large about PladAR and it's importance in argentinian rugby, and how I think it's one of the best plans for amateur player in the whole world, along with new zealand, australia, england and some of those, and for that I have to go back to 2010 and a player called Ignacio Rodríguez Muedra.

Yes, this comes from that article in rugbyfun, for the argentinos.

Muedra was awesome in 2010 JRWC, in fact, more than any other argentinian player in the las four years, than Cordero, Fernández, de la Vega, Montero, etc. He looked like a future superstar, Julian Savea level. In fact, he lost the MVP to Save that year. In the following months, he went to France and began a two-years hell of injuries in La Rochelle. After that contract expired, he had to go back to Argentina and leave hs career, which he considered to be over. He took the family companie and is now going to play in CASI: back to the start.

So, today we have another case: Patricio Fernández, the future of Argentina and one of the most talented players of his age (Pablo Matera, Montero and Cordero level), has signed directly with Clermont. How is that a 20 year old guy can sign with a top level team right away? Because of PladAR and the path the kids have to follow after play with the pumitas: Pampas XV, Jaguares, 1st league in Argentina and Pumas (starting against Chile, Uruguay, etc). Muedra didn't went to Pampas, neither Jaguares. Fernández has a body prepaired to play international rugby, Muedra didn't. That's because in only five years the structure of learning in UAR has changed, and if in 2010 players could have been destroyed in a profesional league, but not today. It is amazing if you think of the progress in that way: things can only go better.

So that is it for now, sorry, LOL.

Last edited:
Actually, I had been thinking lately about writing a large about PladAR and it's importance in argentinian rugby, and how I think it's one of the best plans for amateur player in the whole world, along with new zealand, australia, england and some of those, and for that I have to go back to 2010 and a player called Ignacio Rodríguez Muedra.

Yes, this comes from that article in rugbyfun, for the argentinos.

Muedra was awesome in 2010 JRWC, in fact, more than any other argentinian player in the las four years, than Cordero, Fernández, de la Vega, Montero, etc. He looked like a future superstar, Julian Savea level. In fact, he lost the MVP to Save that year. In the following months, he went to France and began a two-years hell of injuries in La Rochelle. After that contract expired, he had to go back to Argentina and leave hs career, which he considered to be over. He took the family companie and is now going to play in CASI: back to the start.

So, today we have another case: Patricio Fernández, the future of Argentina and one of the most talented players of his age (Pablo Matera, Montero and Cordero level), has signed directly with Clermont. How is that a 20 year old guy can sign with a top level team right away? Because of PladAR and the path the kids have to follow after play with the pumitas: Pampas XV, Jaguares, 1st league in Argentina and Pumas (starting against Chile, Uruguay, etc). Muedra didn't went to Pampas, neither Jaguares. Fernández has a body prepaired to play international rugby, Muedra didn't. That's because in only five years the structure of learning in UAR has changed, and if in 2010 players could have been destroyed in a profesional league, but not today. It is amazing if you think of the progress in that way: things can only go better.

So that is it for now, sorry, LOL.

This makes no sense. Rodriguez Muedra signed directly with Clermont in 2010 as well, before going to La Rochelle. He didn't have his body destroyed by not being ready for the hard slog of the French professional leagues as he never played in them. He only played Espoirs, and was likely getting his body prepared for that there before he completely wrecked his knee ligaments. That could happen to anybody, he's hardly the first player to have had their career cut short by injury, same appears to be happening to Bustos now too.

This happened last saturday in a match between Pucara and San Albano in Buenos Aires. The aggressor may receive a sanction of 99 years ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened last saturday in a match between Pucara and San Albano in Buenos Aires. The aggressor may receive a sanction of 99 years ban.

Already did. And right so.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i understand, he did not. His club sanctioned him for 99 years but the unions haven't done so yet. As things stand right now, technically, he could play for another club. This will most likely change soon thou.

Latest posts