• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amlin Cup Final: Toulon vs. Biarritz - 18/05/2012

Barnes has scripted Toulon a win since kick-off.

Spineless cretin bottled that red.

The French fans are something else, tomorrows game may get more people, but it'll be a **** atmosphere in comparison.

Barnes is letting Biarritz get away with murder.
Toulon should just send Bastareaud at Yachvilli until the end of the game now.

One all after Yach trip.....................then a penalty. I know, I know boring as hell but could we, could we?

Crowd enjoying themselves. Doesn't sounds like it's being held in England.

The French fans are something else, tomorrows game may get more people, but it'll be a **** atmosphere in comparison.

Nah chants of "Stand up for the Ulstermen" and "Healo" are so much better....

Barnes having a really really poor game. Dunno how the 3 officials can possibly miss that by Yachvilli, and was very hard on Toulon around the ruck. Armitage should be on the plane to SA with England.

Really just a litany of poor kicking this game, Wilko botching the 1 reasonable Toulon attack twice. Toulon should be embarrassed to have such an allstar team which produces so little attacking rugby.

Dunno about whether the tackle was a red or not - seemed that JVN started pulling and turning him down before Hayman lifted him, then kept him moving towards the ground and tipping him down instead of the more sensible option of holding him up...

Last edited:
Ugh, that Yachvili trip bothers me. Still, well played to them keeping Toulon so thoroughly pinned in their own half.

Toulon struck me as the better side in the 2nd half though.

BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIILLLLLLLIIIIIIIAAAAANNNNNNTTTT...but very boring!!!!

Well done BO......you controlled that game, you were magnificent, there was never a doubt, the attacking verve and superb defence, the cool and lassy way in which you crushed them!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well...............13th Season and H Cup again....all we wanted but did not dare dream of! Can Toulon, with a superior scrum, stuff it up again like they did here.....................

Well done to Biarritz. How it came so close when they were playing against 13 men for a time I'll never know!

I think we can all agree that rugby was the real loser tonight :lol:

Fair play Biarritz, sneaked a win there tonight. Not a fan of Yachvili and he was further added into my naughty list with his little indiscretion which did anger me, but if you can get away with it then ... But if you can kick the points and sort of marshal the pack then he's done his job. But Wayne Barnes, JP Doyle and Dave Pearson let themselves down tonight with some bizarre calls, missed calls and interpretations.

Congrats Biarritz.

Yachvili should be banned for a few games imo. Cynical play won't leave the game until it's punished harshly.

A pretty good ending to a horrible season for Biarritz. Congrats to Tony

Feel as tired as if I had......Don't you just love the professionalism of the man of the match.....I did!!

Latest posts