• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks V Wallabies, Hong Kong, October 30th

Just wanted this to be remembered. Now New Zealander's, we've lost. Let's do it graciously, and only persecute our own. Start with Donald.

LOL I have to admit we did discuss him missing kicks at goal a few weeks back.

Poor guy, he's a good player but....I dont know...

Jamie O'Connor delivered as the promising player. This game would have done wonders for him.

Kurtly Beale is looking like thee top fullback at the moment.

Did anyone catch who MOTM was? My stream cut out before they announced it (or I missed it)

I reckon it should be Pocock, he was immense, and (at the breakdown) outplayed the AB backrow completely

Great performance from Australia, fully deserved the win... but I get the feeling that's all you get from them while the Kiwis moved into 5th gear only a few times.

thoughts:

Anyone thinking of comparing Cooper to Carter, watch this game. Carter *****ed Cooper for 60 mins until he went off, then the game changed.

I bet Henry's regretting taking Donald on tour instead of Slade, he's always been the average man.

Rolland needs to sort his calling of the scrum, because aside from that he's the best ref about.

I fear England may suffer from an angry set of All Blacks...

two words

Gareth Anscombe

(the next dan carter)

and come on stephen donald didn't kick one ball out, thats one kick that doesn't make him a bad player, sure he's no daniel carter but then again who is? noone. the only screw up is that they took carter off so early

Well done Auz, great win. Looks like it was the right thing to put O'Connor in out of his depth a couple of years ago, I wish the England managers would take a leaf from Aus's book.

Even if Donald had got the kick out, there is nothing to say the game would have been over - I think there was still time for a lineout. Anyways if Carter hadn't missed two kicks and Donald hadn't missed one then the ABs would have won comfortably - it's stupid to point to one incident and suggest the loss is totally to blame.

The ABs lost because they didn't take their chances at 3 points and they didn't close the game out - if they were the best side in the world once they had got their lead they would have thrown in a couple of drop goals to put the game well away.

Jamie O'Connor, Kurtly Beale and Pockock are amazing! I think NZ are in a little sh... come the World Cup and Carter gets injured!

Did I hear Gordon Bray say a Kiwi commentator called Pocock better than McCaw?

I reckon NZ have peaked too soon once again and Oz, Eng or SA to win Rugby World Cup in NZ next year!

two words

Gareth Anscombe

(the next dan carter)

and come on stephen donald didn't kick one ball out, thats one kick that doesn't make him a bad player, sure he's no daniel carter but then again who is? noone. the only screw up is that they took carter off so early

How many times has Donald ****** up in tests though? And it wasn't just one kick, he made **** kicks that just gave possession away and kicked straight to the Australian players. Despite how well he seems to perform at the level below, he always turns to **** at test level.

Perhaps now New Zealand will realise it was a silly decision to let Nick Evans move to England.

Anyone thinking of comparing Cooper to Carter, watch this game. Carter *****ed Cooper for 60 mins until he went off, then the game changed.
Problem with Cooper is that he's world class going forward, but as soon as his confidence is nocked he goes pooooor.
His tackling went to sh*t, kicks going out on the full and just generally not as good as he was at the start of the match,
Started to pick up towards the end, but very much a condifence player

Toeava also had a terrible game, i think he had the worse game out of everyone

Agreed, well sort of. I have always thought Toeava was an excellent player, but he was astonishingly bad tonight. He may have just come back from an injury but even that's no excuse, he's not the "special project" anymore and evidently Dagg is a much better fit for the 22 jersey when he's fit. For such a usually strong defender Toeava was caught flat footed an embarrasing number of times and seemed to lack even the slightest hint of urgency in his play.

Having said all that though I don't think he was the worst of them. Donald got his second chance, and somehow he played even worse than he did last time. He showed with the Chiefs earlier this year that he can not handle any form of serious pressure (that night where he missed every single kick at goal...) and reinforced that tonight. Slade is already a far better prospect, regardless of his age. Send Donald back before he embarrases us even more.

I'd hate to sound like too much of a sore loser though..:D Well done to the Aussies, they played extremely well for periods of the game, and deserved to win and end the streak after how hard they worked to get back into the game. I can't see another team challenging the two that played tonight this time next year, at this stage anyway.

Also, was Cory injured? That would be a real shame, it didn't look too serious when he gut subbed off anyway.

Last edited:
Quade is a good player and he can play better than he did tonight. I think he played just under his standards tonight.

Perhaps now New Zealand will realise it was a silly decision to let Nick Evans move to England.

I think we realised that a couple of years ago, but he doesn't seem to want to come back. :(

Thats one guy I wouldnt mind see playing for England.

When he left NZ, he also left the international scene but he should playing international Rugby (when I last saw him anyway).

Up until the point where Carter went off, the AB's had that game under control. Then on came Useless, and the game turned to ****.

I just knew this would happen. Sorry Waikato fans, but Steven Donald is NOT up to test standard. The evidence has been mounting that he can't handle the real pressure of test rugby and tonight's abysmal performance just added to it. (Colin Slade will be laughing into his beer!!)

Donald is not useless... he's worse than useless, he's a chocolate soldier

if they were the best side in the world once they had got their lead they would have thrown in a couple of drop goals to put the game well away.
Who's the best then? you know thats their first loss this year right?

Disappointing to see Toeava play so bad, he should go. Donald proved everybody in the world not from the Waikato right, he cannot handle pressure and is just generally thick. We need to get rid of these players that cost us games, they will do it again. Leon McDonald anyone?

Latest posts