• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

So off the back of a natural disaster, Trump goes the disaster area and tells and bunch of lies about Biden and Harris and the right wing media parrot his lies. These people are the absolute scum of the earth.

Oil prices shooting up, the main supply of oil to Europe potentially now under threat... Europe's geopolitical manoeuvring over the past 2 decades or so is now looking like it was way off the mark and extremely naive. Looks like we are now going to suffer the consequences of a "why can't everyone just play nice and be friends?" attitude...

The integrity of the interview being undermined is the biggest issue.
im honestly curious as am no expert, if they know the questions they were going to be asked then it undermines the integrity? it only has integrity if they are unprepared?

Guessing political interviews are held to a higher standard than standard celeb ones - might as well interview their spin doctor/PR person if you send them the questions in advance, cause I'm guessing it's not going to be questions like "Which three albums would you want if you were stranded on a desert island?"

Guessing political interviews are held to a higher standard than standard celeb ones - might as well interview their spin doctor/PR person if you send them the questions in advance, cause I'm guessing it's not going to be questions like "Which three albums would you want if you were stranded on a desert island?"
i still figure you'd go ahead and see what they have to say, because if you dont like how they spin if even when theyre given a leg up then it can also be damning

just kind of feels like a bit of a cop out, like they were relying on catching them out

im honestly curious as am no expert, if they know the questions they were going to be asked then it undermines the integrity? it only has integrity if they are unprepared?
She's also bbc so they have to be seen to be impartial.

That's stopped Laura before?
Agreed, but never to the point of telling the interviewee what questions she'll be asking, and her interview strategy (or at least, not she's been busted for doing so anyway) - appearance of impartiality is also important, even if it's just a fig-leaf

Not her biggest fan but it's entirely possible that she was 'asked' by a BBC boss (perhaps even the head) to send him the questions on the Q.T. which might explain why the cover story of it being an accident was accepted. Wouldn't surprise me if the head of the BBC was pals with the likes of BoJo. Not saying this happened but it's possible unless more facts come out.

Latest posts