• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

There's a very interesting conversation to be had around when human life starts and you can argue it's at fertilisation but, really, that's a bit silly isn't it.

There's a very interesting conversation to be had around when human life starts and you can argue it's at fertilisation but, really, that's a bit silly isn't it.
It wouldn't matter so much if they were consistent with caring for actual living humans but they don't, once the baby is out of the womb, they don't give 2 shits about it. They're quite happily watch the baby and mother die right after childbirth over aborting the baby, that's how messed up it is.

It's always baffling how these far right religious nutjobs are so adamant about legislating for unborn "children" and yet are completely apathetic around legislating to reduce the number of actual murders of living people.
Need to ensure this religious driven crap doesn't find it's way into the UK.

Apparently our nuclear deterrent could be ******. Conservatives have complete confidence in it, even though there has not been a single successful test fire in over a decade. Granted they seem to have only tested twice, but it's still very worrying that neither were successful.

Yeah "we lost because turnout was down" is a bit hollow when turnout was down mostly due to last-minute labour scandals.
They always say this though and you go look at even more historic by-elections when a party is about to lose power and you don't really see much difference.

Its more hoping on a wing and a prayer than anything else now

The Tories have been terminal since partygate, Ian Hislop said it in end of year interview it doesn't matter how much you say people have forgotten that now. People do remember they couldn't see their loved as they died and you broke the rules and they will not forgive easially. Their only chance was immediately throwing Johnson under the bus and getting someone competent in charge but they failed dismally to do that.

They always say this though and you go look at even more historic by-elections when a party is about to lose power and you don't really see much difference.

Its more hoping on a wing and a prayer than anything else now

The Tories have been terminal since partygate, Ian Hislop said it in end of year interview it doesn't matter how much you say people have forgotten that now. People do remember they couldn't see their loved as they died and you broke the rules and they will not forgive easially. Their only chance was immediately throwing Johnson under the bus and getting someone competent in charge but they failed dismally to do that.
They seem to have been operating on the basis of hoping people will forget that scandal by having a whole load of newer scandals. I don't think there has ever been this many by-elections in such a short period of time, and with so many going against the government. They really can't keep trying to pretend they are insignificant flukes when they have only won 1 of all the by-elections.

They seem to have been operating on the basis of hoping people will forget that scandal by having a whole load of newer scandals. I don't think there has ever been this many by-elections in such a short period of time, and with so many going against the government. They really can't keep trying to pretend they are insignificant flukes when they have only won 1 of all the by-elections.
Its funny how Hartlepool was being touted as the death knell for Labour 6 months before Partygate. In reality that more about the collapse of the UKIP (whatever they want to be now) vote to the Tories

Looks like Lindsay Hoyle has royally ****** up the SNP Gaza ceasefire vote. I'm sure there is some cynical torpedoing and deflecting going on by the Conservatives, but Hoyle has created the mess. Now more debating about commons procedure than a Gaza ceasefire.
An absolute farce. Rumour mill has it he was threatened by Starmer and Labour chief whip that he would not be supported as speaker by next government if he'd not allowed the Labour amendment.

What's the issue here? Sorry trying to dig down to what the issue is.

My understanding was by convention on anything the government and the opposition's amendments were always selected.

So if the speaker had to be pressured by Labour it was because he was planning on going against convention.

Looks like opposition amendments are not usually selected on opposition day. Hmmmmm think people are crying over spilt milk it makes sense the official opposition may seek to amend something from other opposition parties.

Looks like opposition amendments are not usually selected on opposition day. Hmmmmm think people are crying over spilt milk it makes sense the official opposition may seek to amend something from other opposition parties.
My understanding is it was the SNP's day so they took precedent. They brought the proposition so should have be allowed a vote on it. I think the issue is potentially Labour twisting the arms of the speaker to allow something that is against the precedent set and standard procedure. The cynical view is Labour shafted the SNP and black mailed the speaker. Allowing something that's not common practice. If the SNP had done this to the Labour they'd be screaming blue murder.

My understanding is it was the SNP's day so they took precedent. They brought the proposition so should have be allowed a vote on it. I think the issue is potentially Labour twisting the arms of the speaker to allow something that is against the precedent set and standard procedure. The cynical view is Labour shafted the SNP and black mailed the speaker. Allowing something that's not common practice. If the SNP had done this to the Labour they'd be screaming blue murder.
Well all sides would but lets remember Bercow twisted and allowed broad interpretation of convention.

People shouldn't lose their minds when the speakers does so.

Latest posts