• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

41 player all black squad

for giggles I've put together some basic stats from this season for the blindside options, all up Jacobson looks like a great option and it becomes more obvious why he has been called up. Squire not really played enough to get numbers for this season. I've not included turnover rate but Jacobson is also great there 2nd only to Whetu whos numbers are also pretty good. They all have a similar number of turnovers won, But Frizell (11)and Fifita(15) have more turnovers conceded than the others.
Jacobson _________104 tackles at 92% 0.26 tackles/min, 31 carries 5.6m per carry, 5 clean breaks and 8 try assists, 4 penalties at 0.01 per minute played
Vaea Fifita ________106 tackles at 86% 0.18 tackles/min 45 carries at 4.5m per carry, 1 clean break and 3 try assists, 15 penalties at 0.025 per minute played
Shannon Frizell ____96 tackles at 94% 0.18 tackles/min 45 carries at 5.0m per carry, 6 clean breaks and 5 try assists, 5 penalties at 0.01 per minute played
Elliot Dixon ________72 tackles at 91% 0.12 tackles/min 29 carries at 3.5m per carry, 0 clean breaks and 12 try assists, 6 penalties at 0.01 per minute played
Tom Robinson _____119 tackls at 95% 0.17 tackles/min 45 carries at 3.9m per carry, 8 clean breaks and 3 try assists, 3 penalties at 0.004 per minute played
Jackson Hemopo __81 tackles at 85% 0.16 tackles/min 48 carries at 3.4m per carry, 3 clean breaks and 7 try assists, 5 penalties at 0.01 per minute played
Jordan Taufua _____96 Tackles a 88% 0.24 tackles/min 89 carries at 5.0m per carry, 6 clean breaks and 12 try assists, 10 penalties at 0.025 per minute played
Whetu Douglas ____137 tackles at 90% 0.25 tackles/min 61 carries at 3.4m per carry, 5 clean breaks and 17 try assists, 6 penalties at 0.011 per minute played

as I would rate them based on these stats
Jacobson
Robinson
Douglas
Frizell
Taufua
Fifita
Dixon
Hemopo

Wildcard*
Scott barrett______137 tackls at 93% 0.27 tackles/min 54 carries at 5.1m per carry, 4 clean breaks and 6 try assists, 13 penalties at 0.026 per minute played and 16 Turnovers Conceded
Shows barrett is a good option too, not outright better than others in terms of stats but shows he can do a similar job around the field and he is a proven test player. Turnover and penalty numbers aren't good though.

I like this post. I hoped people might provide me some cause to veer toward the not racism stance. I was only speculating on unconscious racism too, I want to make that clear, because to me unconscious bias doesn't reflect on the judger as a person, though there are things that can be done to help minimise such bias and doing such would reflect positively on the person.

Although I like your points I think the Nonu case is a bit different, as he always played really well for the all blacks. Jordie hasn't yet. But the sbw analogy is more apt, and Isaiah Toeava perhaps

I agree that Nonu should've been considered for the squad. He would add experience, mentoring and defensive enforcement to the line. They could've taken him to the World Cup purely for his leadership and energy. With good players around him he would be the typical solid player that he is.

I like this post. I hoped people might provide me some cause to veer toward the not racism stance. I was only speculating on unconscious racism too, I want to make that clear, because to me unconscious bias doesn't reflect on the judger as a person, though there are things that can be done to help minimise such bias and doing such would reflect positively on the person.

Although I like your points I think the Nonu case is a bit different, as he always played really well for the all blacks. Jordie hasn't yet. But the sbw analogy is more apt, and Isaiah Toeava perhaps

I agree that Nonu should've been considered for the squad. He would add experience, mentoring and defensive enforcement to the line. They could've taken him to the World Cup purely for his leadership and energy. With good players around him he would be the typical solid player that he is.

Latest posts