• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 TRC] Argentina v Australia - 31/8/2024

Definitely wasn't expecting a win here but I'll take it.

I thought for sure that Argentina would win at home. Kudos to the Aussies, they really stepped up BIG in that match.

Though so, too.
I don't really like the way Creevy was treated. I'm a Montoya fan, and i understand there were points on the line, but ffs, it was his last game, 110 caps, his city and they even used this as part of the game's promotion.
I dont mind him playing as a flanker (he played as one a LOT, and transitioned to hooker just to play for the pumas), but give the guy his 20-25 minutes. If this is the way we show respect to our greats...

shameful stuff from the coaches today, it was unseemly yo
absolutely pathetic, I just hope they have the balls to try and win in australia and regain some dignity
who kicks a ball like that in open field without looking at the number on the openside at this level? Just moronic

I just hope they have the balls to try and win in australia and regain some dignity
Just an FYI that both these games are in Argentina, so should be in a good position to get the second game win

Any word on why Grondona didn't play? Said nothing on TV coverage here in UK.

Just an FYI that both these games are in Argentina, so should be in a good position to get the second game win
Thanks mate, but I doubt it. The wallabies are vulnerable right now, goddamn vulnerable. The game needed execution to be closed, to play within their field, and instead we got a bunch of week attempts at try, absurd kicks, poor handling.... and what they did to Creevy just isn't right. I mean, seriously, Juli Montoya's performance is that good that you can't give one of the best hookers in argentinean history his last 10 min?
it just looks so weak: he had amazing impact the last two games, he's still a relevant player. It just looks like they've left him out on purpose to make a point: no homages for anyone (Felipe said so this week)
santi cordero as winger, adding nothing to the attack, kicking every single time some pointless chaser, being a huge handicap in defense
big nothing burger for a team who's fighting to remain in the competition if you ask me

Latest posts