Stormers
Estadio Brigadier General Estanislao López

line-ups
Argentina: TBC
vs
Australia: TBC

Referee: Pierre Brousset (FFR)
Assistant Referee 1: Ben O'Keeffe (NZR)
Assistant Referee 2: James Doleman (NZR)
TMO: Marius Jonker (SARU)

Wallabies starting XV:

1 Bell
2 Faessler
3 Tupou
4 Frost
5 Williams
6 Valetini
7 Tizzano
8 Wilson (c)
9 Gordon
10 Donaldson
11 Koroibete
12 Stewart
13 Ikitau
14 Jorgensen
15 Kellaway

16 Nasser
17 Slipper
18 Alaalatoa
19 Canham
20 Gleeson
21 McDermott
22 Lynagh
23 Flook

The Pumas starting XV:

1 Gallo
2 Montoya (c)
3 Sclavi
4 Petti
5 Lavanini
6 Matera
7 Kremer
8 Gonzalez
9 Bertranou
10 Albornoz
11 M Carreras
12 Chocobares
13 Cinti
14 Delguy
15 Mallia

16 Ruiz
17 Vivas
18 Bello
19 Molina
20 Oviedo
21 Grondona
22 Garcia
23 S Carreras

Think Australia used all their good play up in the first half because Argentina are toying with them now

This is honestly some of the worst rugby I've ever seen Australia play,
The players look like they don't care at all, no effort or intensity on attack or defence, it's embarrassing

Such a contrast to last weekend. This is the same high intensity fast paced and physical team that we haven't seen since the NZ win. They truly are the 2000's era France of our generation.

Just been so deadly with the offloads. SA vs Arg should be entertaining if this version of the team pitches up and it's dry conditions.

Obviously happy, but two question spring to mind: 1) how much of this was due to Argentina stepping up vs Australia capitulating? 2) Albornoz vs Carreras.

I haven't seen something look that good since my wife wore lingerie on our wedding night.

That was orgasmic by Los Pumas. Vamos!

Bloody hell, I turned off after Australia's consolation tap and go try, did Argentina score 3? 4? after that? There was only about 8mins left!

Bloody hell, I turned off after Australia's consolation tap and go try, did Argentina score 3? 4? after that? There was only about 8mins left!
It was the Harlem Globetrotters vs the JV squad.

Final: Argentina 67 Australia 27

I thought Los Pumas would win, but not by that much.

Amazing win for Argentina - this tournament will continue to strengthen them in the years to come. Congrats Pumas!

On the flip side- Australian Rugby Union needs a major rethink.

Some of the characters and world class players of the past must be wincing at the inconsistencies of this group.

The Aussies can and should use this as a watershed- let it be their '76-0' moment that England had.

What would you guys do with Aussie rugby? Do they need to get a few of the classy League players in on big money for that initial shot in the arm in terms of quality?

Amazing win for Argentina - this tournament will continue to strengthen them in the years to come. Congrats Pumas!

On the flip side- Australian Rugby Union needs a major rethink.

Some of the characters and world class players of the past must be wincing at the inconsistencies of this group.

The Aussies can and should use this as a watershed- let it be their '76-0' moment that England had.

What would you guys do with Aussie rugby? Do they need to get a few of the classy League players in on big money for that initial shot in the arm in terms of quality?
You cant fix it.

Wallabies disgraceful! Argentina is on fire! Well done, Pumas.

The 2015 World Cup aftermath was fatal for Australian rugby union...

Obviously happy, but two question spring to mind: 1) how much of this was due to Argentina stepping up vs Australia capitulating? 2) Albornoz vs Carreras.
Yeah, precisely
1. Australia truly just stopped trying, they lack discipline and were quite lucky last week to have such poor weather conditions that conditioned the handling of the ball and style of rugby playable. This is not to take from their victory, which they deserved (Pumas should learn to play in such conditions, especially since we got a n10 who plays on Gloucester come on man), but it wasn't because the aussies did anything special. Pumas played a bad first half, but only when it comes to execution, and with a different n10 which always means some extra time to adjusrt
I'll look into the first half again, but I can tell you that there were some missing tackles and defensively there were times when the pumas were struggling in the same areas as last week, which is no bueno as they say
2. Yeah, Albornoz is more solid than Carreras, which is a great change at least defensively. However, this match is not a good start for a comparison, I think we need to rry him against the bokke before we come to a conclusion

yeah, pretty happy with the match but now last week's defeat sting even more, because we do deserve to finish 2nd and it'll be a struggle now

P.D: I'm off to watch Wildkard's video for sure

Latest posts