• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Ireland vs Italy - 11/02/24

Beirne on the bench or in the row at 35 in the next World Cup is quite realistic especially as a late bloomer. Getting good use from him at 6 in the next couple years makes sense too.

Add in Tadhg looks after himself very well.
But he will be a 2nd row going forward. More a need at lock than backrow especially in terms of depth.

Interesting that he's gone for HB ahead of Frawley in the 5/3. Makes perfect sense, he's the better 10. Loads of options with the bench atm.
Think it more Frawley the player only in 6-2 split and the bench split will be horses for courses you feel

I would, the only trophy is the six nations trophy. There is no trophy for a GrandSlam , it's not even a ***le

I think you know very well what I'm suggesting but to please you, I think Ireland will win all remaining games and win a Slam.
Without looking at the record books it must be a while since any side retained that feat. This Ireland side is capable.
v England at Twickenham may be a banana skin but I don't expect them to lose.

Think it more Frawley the player only in 6-2 split and the bench split will be horses for courses you feel
If Frawley was considered the better 10 he'd be in, same with Leinster. HB has been our best 10 this season and getting a deserved go on the bench.

Will be interesting to see if Crowley shifts at any point, he's a serious runner who could do a job at 12 at this level too. Faz seems to be getting big on versatility all of a sudden, something World Cup winning teams tend to have in spades.

I think you know very well what I'm suggesting but to please you, I think Ireland will win all remaining games and win a Slam.
Without looking at the record books it must be a while since any side retained that feat. This Ireland side is capable.
v England at Twickenham may be a banana skin but I don't expect them to lose.
I did know what you meant, you are a WUM in any Scotland thread so I got under your skin

Anyhow, I heard somewhere the other day that a back to back slam has never been done in the six nations although it has been done in the five nations, if Ireland do it, and I also think they will, it will be a first

If Frawley was considered the better 10 he'd be in, same with Leinster. HB has been our best 10 this season and getting a deserved go on the bench.

Will be interesting to see if Crowley shifts at any point, he's a serious runner who could do a job at 12 at this level too. Faz seems to be getting big on versatility all of a sudden, something World Cup winning teams tend to have in spades.
That my whole point. Frawley will get in on 6.2 split as he isnt the better 10 but the better versatile back.

Crowley has proven his stripes at 12 but he will be left get majority of minutes at 10 going forward

1707591713836.png

Personally I think Ireland are complete arseholes. It's clear that everyone agreed this year would be a laugh and nobody would train properly or take the 6Ns seriously. Yet Ireland are like that prick who turns up for a kick about in his kit with studs and shin pads. What a dick!

I think Italy will be competitive tomorrow for 40mins but where they are mixed with their injuries and our changes mean we will pull away

I did know what you meant, you are a WUM in any Scotland thread so I got under your skin
I had to Google WUM.
I post Allez Les Bleus and I'm a wind up merchant? Give me strength!
So just like you in any England thread you mean?;)

Anyway, completely the wrong thread for any England/Scotland banter.

Naive question
The president of Ireland (I mean, only Eire) shakes hands also to Ulster athletes.
Has it ever been a political issue?

Latest posts