• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023 U20 World Championships

A match controled by a good french team.
The second yellow is debatable.

This Georgia team is sneaky good; win over Italy (who beat SA previously) today, after smoking Argentina previously. Will be really interesting to see how far they go. Their forwards are huuuuggee

When you make a certain sport your main national team sport (like the All Blacks in NZ), despite your country's size, it can really take your team far.

Last edited:
Fight is in their DNA.
Judo, wrestling...
Rugby is just a natural extension.
Plus they have good full back now.

Make that another 4 reds
Yeah, France were far too strong. They smashed us physically, even though they were a man down!

Not sure I really see anyone challenging them this tournament to be honest. They just look a notch above everyone.

I missed the afternoon games (NZ v Jap, Fra v Wal and SA v Arg) - which ones are worth finding on catch-up?

Georgia are definitely the story of this year's Championship. It is also interesting how the success of the senior Irish and French teams is being replicated here too.

I'd be surprised if we manage to go any further than this next match. Uncharacteristically poor set pieces won't allow us to compete against sterner opponents.

Is there a rule that everyone gets at least one start, like with the 6N?
Some odd choices in the England side if not,
Dropping Asher, Carnduff, Slevin and Ma'asi-White to the bench

Georgia to face Wales

5 players to get their first start

1- Sergo Abramishvili (Stade Français, FR)
2- Tamaz Chamiashvili (Kharebi Rustavi)
3- Irakli Aptsiauri (Grenoble, FR)
4- Guram Ghaniashvili (Grenoble, FR)
5- Giorgi Nikoladze (Aia Kutaisi)
6- Rati Zazadze (Nevers, FR)
7- Tornike Ghaniashvili (Lelo Tbilisi)
8- Lasha Tsikhistavi (Bayonne, FR - cap.)
9- Alexander Jighauri (Lelo Tbilisi)
10- Petre Khutsishvili (Lelo Tbilisi)
11- Luka Khorbaladze (Lelo Tbilisi)
12- Alexandre Ragoevi (Nevers, FR)
13- Tornike Kakhoidze (Black Lion)
14- Shalva Aptsiauri (Lelo Tbilisi)
15- Luka Tsirekidze (Lelo Tbilisi)

16- Basa Khonelidze (Aurillac, FR)
17- Giorgi Mamaiashvili (Grenoble, FR)
18- Davit Mchedlidze (Toulon, FR),
19- Giorgi Gergedava (Clermont, FR)
20- Davit Beridze (Lelo Tbilisi)
21- Davit Khuroshvili (Lelo Tbilisi)
22- Gela Kheladze (Lelo Tbilisi)
23- Luka Kobauri (Perpignan, FR)

1080x1080-U20-Team-v-SA-0101.png

Nice to get a couple lads back. It's been some tournament for Foxe. Wasn't on the radar really, doesn't have an academy spot yet but he's been really impressive. Danny Sheahan another one who doesn't have a spot yet.

Don't think we were even near our best there to be honest. Breakdown was poor and tackling worse than usual but we had way too much quality as I'd expect. Even when we were under the cosh for the first quarter I hadn't much doubt. This is a very good group of players. Can see big careers for a lot of them. France and Ireland final feels like the right final.